Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26544 - 01/03/01 01:23 PM travel around seville and from/to madrid
canan Offline

We (2 adults and 2 kids as a family) will arrive Seville via Madrid on Feb 28th and have to stay in Seville until 5th of March.Then have to leave Spain on 9th from Madrid.

This is our first time in Spain and we do not speak spanish...

I am trying to find out:

1-what kind of transportation will be cheaper and easier; take train, plane or rental car from madrid to seville and travel around seville than come back to madrid and spend 1-2 days in madrid.

2-I am a celiac which means I have trouble eating flour and starch and anything made of them...So in seville, we booked a hotel whoes kitchen promised to help my diet but I have to find diet friendly places to stay around seville and madrid

3-Best places to visit with a 6 and a 17 year old!

Depending on your experience please help me out to plan our trip as good as possible ...

your recommandations will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Canan

#26545 - 01/22/01 06:50 PM Re: travel around seville and from/to madrid
maestro guy Offline

Okay. I have two bits of information for you. The best, fastest, and not too expensive way of getting from Madrid to Seville is by the AVE (pronounced avay) train. It takes a little over two hours and is very sleek, fast, and modern. Second, there is an amusement park In Seville. I don't remember what the name is but it is on the opposite side of the river from the bullring. Also, the best way to get around Seville is the Taxis. They are cheap, easy to spot, and very affordable: only about 1 dollar a mile, maybe cheaper. Try not to rent a car, driving there is crazy, and parking is hard to find and expensive. Have, a great time. My wife and I loved Seville. Don't forget to see the Reales Alcazar.

#26546 - 01/24/01 10:11 AM Re: travel around seville and from/to madrid
Miguelito Offline

I think the amusement park is called Isla Magica. Bus is much cheaper than AVE to travel Madrid-Sevilla, although it will take 5-6 hours.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments