Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2627 - 06/26/01 08:30 AM What a trip!!
marval96 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thanks to this board, our trip to Spain was an extraordinary experience.
Our twenty day trip included Madrid and then we rented a car and drove to Zaragoza, Huesca, Jaca, San Sebastian, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, Cangas de Onis, the Sajambre region (what a view!) then on to Leon and from there back to Madrid to spend a couple of days before our return to the US.
One recommendation that I will make is the use of the BANCOTEL vouchers (talones).It's use saved us about well over 50% of all our accomodations and car rental. Instead of staying in three star hotels we were able to stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and drive around in a brand new Mercedes 3(something). It was the best deal learned from this wonderful board.
The way we did it was, once we got to Madrid we went to a travel agency (right in the Puerta del Sol) and they arranged EVERYTHING including the Bancotel talones and explained each hotel accomodation in detail including calling ahead with the appropiate reservations etc.. What a deal!
Anyway we want to thank everyone for all your input prior to our departure and if there are any questions at all, about the different regions we stayed, do not hesitate to ask us as this would be the least we can do for such wonderful board. Thanks again and
can't wait to get back!! Regards laugh

#2628 - 06/26/01 08:59 AM Re: What a trip!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm SO happy you had a nice time in Spain, marval96! And thanks for confirming our growing acceptance of the Bancotel vouchers. Hey! I should contact them as a potential advertiser with ALL the free publicity they get from this message board alone! I wouldn't be surprised if the large minority of their business comes from here.

I'm sure we'd all love to hear the specifics about each hotel in which you stayed if you have the time and patience to write it out here in this thread. Your experiences can only help other potential "explorers" to Spain!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#2629 - 06/26/01 10:04 AM Re: What a trip!!
sdp Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
So, am I understanding you correctly when you say you used Bancotel for your car rental as well? Or did you just save enough on hotels to "splurge" for the Mercedes? I didn't notice anything about car rental on the Bancotel site.

Stacey

#2630 - 06/26/01 10:17 AM Re: What a trip!!
marval96 Offline

Yes, Madridman, I will be posting some information about the hotels we visited including Hotel Plaza Mayor in Madrid.
And, yes you can use Bancotel "talones" for renting a car as well (that's the reason for the "upgrade"). It was done with the travel agency which they can find all kind of deals right there on the spot for you. We gave them the information we wanted...left for a couple of hours to enjoy 3 or 4 "canas" and when we came back, everything was done.
And finally I do think Bancotel should give this site some kind of whatever recognition
(I did some promotion for the site as well) as it was here where the whole idea started. :p

#2631 - 06/26/01 11:57 AM Re: What a trip!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hey MM, do you ever say to yourself."Hmm, sometimes I wish I'd never mentioned that....."?? confused

I am having difficulty getting Bancotel accomodation in different places at different times. I cast my mind back to last year, when I thought I'd be generous and helpful and share the knowledge of my system of reserving nice accomodation at knock down prices with you all. Now it's rebounded on me, because half of America is snapping up the availability it seems! frown

Oh well, I suppose I'll get my reward in Heaven rolleyes

#2632 - 06/26/01 12:08 PM Re: What a trip!!
marval96 Offline

I certainly hope you do (reward in heaven)as
it is a extremely great service. Maybe, if you are the one that started this thing about bancotel talones, you should be awarded a MM's award for "tip of the year".
Anyway, thanks, Anchovy Front for the help.

#2633 - 01/16/02 03:14 PM Re: What a trip!!
ome Offline

Loc: seville, spain
Hi, Marval 96

I´m wondering if you can recomend a nice 3 or 4 star hotel in Zaragoza.
I´m going there for a weekend in May and need help making my mind up between all the options available on the internet.

I´d appreciate any advice you have after you went through that area last year.

Thank you!

#2634 - 01/16/02 06:08 PM Re: What a trip!!
marval96 Offline

Sorry but i am afraid I can not help you about Zaragoza. Some friends of our in Madrid recommended for us to stay in a town called Jaca instead, which was a small, beatiful (very french feeling).
The only recommendation I can sugest would be to contact Bancotel as they are very friendly and accomodating! confused

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments