Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#26262 - 11/15/00 05:52 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Sea-section and ecologically sound! Thank you for looking this up CaliBasco - it's definately one of those pieces of trivia that would win the game. Knowing the tongue-in-cheek humor of board members ... I think I take your comments seriously....

Wanted to put the winking smile here - forgot and can't do it in edit mode... ah well

[This message has been edited by Puna (edited 11-15-2000).]

#26263 - 11/15/00 10:33 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Natalie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Well, I guess your dinner is this weekend. I'm anxious to hear about it! Of course, having made contact with the manager may make the evening even more special.

Let us know if you have the sea urchin spawns! I've had sea urchin before (it's a big sushi bar thing and a Japanese delicacy) and although I love seafood, sea urchin is a little bit like having a wave break in your mouth. (You know, that totally overwhelming salty, briny flavor?) I'm interested to know if their spawn are like that too.

Well, either way, enjoy your meal!

[This message has been edited by Natalie (edited 11-15-2000).]

#26264 - 11/16/00 05:33 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Sea-section?? CaliBasco, that has to have earned the biggest groan of the day!! I agree with Puna, I'm sure it's all true....of course it is....I think!

Thanks Natalie, I will enjoy it, don't worry and I'll report back without fail. It's nice to see so many people take an interest. You've had sea urchin before? I bet it took hours of pain to pull out all those spines from your mouth! Ouch!

#26265 - 11/16/00 01:09 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
If you liked the information in my prior post you can find more details and related information on the following websites:
www.teestoytomandoelpelo.es

or the English-version website:
www.pullingyourleg.com

Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to be mischievous yesterday...the sea-section was a huge groaner, guilty as charged! Is there a smilie that creates a large cheese icon? (preferably manchego...)

#26266 - 11/16/00 07:20 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
hey there anchovy front:
you were asking about penelope casas' books. technically you would classify them as cook books. however, she takes the approach of adding very in depth gastronomic and cultural history lessons for each of her recipes. she goes into great depth to get the root of how spanish regional cusine originated and evolved.
in one of her books she mentions both el caballo rojo and el churrasco. her descriptions of the former as a place where moorish and sephardic recipes were preserved intrigued me. as i said, if i were to be in the heart of al-andalus, i might as well taste it.
she's an american who's married to a madrileno. as far as i know she writes and teaches in new york. i have two of her books. one, the aforementioned cook book, and another entitled discover spain(an unsual guide). as the name implies, its a different approach to a guidebook.
check out madridman's book store. i believe he has a few of her titles.

#26267 - 11/16/00 09:27 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FYI: In the Books>Food category of MadridMan's ALL Spain Market , I have the following Penélope Casas books available:
  • Foods and Wines of Spain
  • Delicioso! : The Regional Cooking of Spain
  • Tapas : The Little Dishes of Spain
  • Paella! : Spectacular Rice Dishes from Spain
Happy Cooking/Eating!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26268 - 11/17/00 06:29 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Haha! You "took my hair" CaliBasco!Very good! Although at the back of my mind I did have a vision of one of those big black Osborne advertising silhouettes that you see on hills all over Spain....with a steaming pile under the rear end!!

#26269 - 11/17/00 06:41 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Thanks nicholeye. As a newcomer here I hadn't actually got round to MM's All Spain Market and so I've had a peep in there this morning.

You must have more hours in a day than anybody else, MadridMan to keep such an impressive site maintained!

#26270 - 11/17/00 11:05 AM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
AnchovyFront- Yes, it was unavoidable, but now I feel that my big, steamy 'moñigo' has seriously damaged my credibility on other posts. I figure if we can't have a little fun, why be here. I solemnly swear to fess up to all fibs in a timely manner. Welcome to the board!

#26271 - 11/19/00 09:16 PM Re: El Churrasco (Córdoba)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey Anchovy Front! We're all salivating with anticipation!!!!!!!!!!! Please put us out of our misery and tell us about your dinner!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments