Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26083 - 11/26/00 06:21 PM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
hey laduque!!! I will be in town same time a nicholeye, we should all hook up and meet each other!!! i will landing the 6th or 7th!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#26084 - 11/27/00 03:27 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
nicholeye and missmadrid, (rgf, too). I think it would be so incredibly fun if we all got together there!!!! As the dates draw nearer, we will solidify plans. I would love to hook up...to meet you all and, (I have to admit), have a diversion from the in-laws
nicholeye, i grew up in the Kensington area, and have lived downtown/hillcrest/Kensington for the last 11 years. Where are you from?

#26085 - 11/27/00 05:38 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
ah, one of my favorite parts of town laduque. spent quite a bit of of teenage years hanging around the hillcrest/kensignton area. always great clothes, shoes, books, and used music shopping back then.=) spent quite a bit of time at the foreign film theatre as well. i grew up in la costa/san marcos. lived in mira mesa and encinitas after high school. been up in san francisco for the last two years. don't really care for it up here.
..and sure, that would be pretty nifty to meet up. just let me know of the plan.

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 11-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 11-27-2000).]

#26086 - 11/29/00 02:01 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
nicholas Offline

bit of a change there laduque. i see i was a little over anxious and said i was arriving on the 6th of january. well, etcha-sketch that. i actually arrive on the 7th . i do apologize. getting a bit ahead of myself...you know how it is. =)

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 11-29-2000).]

#26087 - 11/29/00 09:28 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
If memory serves me correctly, missmadrid is moving to Madrid - hopefully for as long as she can! - Nicholeye and Laduque - how long will you be in Madrid. Know the rgf is there a couple of weeks. Guess what I'm getting to is will anyone still be in Madrid late February through March? Would really love to meet some of the board members ...

#26088 - 12/01/00 05:13 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
nicholas Offline

hi there puna. your memory did serve you well. missmadrid is moving to madrid (more specifically el escorial) in january. like you said, she'll be there for as long as possiblle. as for my situation, i'm taking somewhat the same course as her. i too am leaving in early january for madrid and hope to be there for as long as possible, doing whatever i can. we'll see how things fall. she and i are both jumping off a very high cliff. i know not to guarantee myself anything and to expect the worst. to answer your question, yes i hope to still be there in march. this of course is contingent on a million variables so i can't be too definite. if i am there, it would be great to meet up.

p.s i do apologize if i sounded as if i were speaking for missmadrid. unfortunetly her computer access these days is near non-existant. i just wanted to confirm your thought process. i certainly dodn't want to take anyone's place.

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 12-01-2000).]

#26089 - 12/01/00 09:17 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Nicholeye and missmadrid - please pass on to her - GOOD FOR BOTH OF YOU!!! . Lots of determination which you both obviously have and some luck - you'll both be there for a long time. Are you also planning on teaching? Just think - along with Kurt you guys might be laying the ground work for 600+ others ... or at least about 30 die-hards on this board. Will you both continue to have internet access at least on a part-time basis? A whole bunch of us are going to be excited to hear what's happening for/with both of you .... Yeah, please feel free to answer for missmadrid as well - seeing as I'm now asking you questions in the plural ... Are you planning on trying to stay in Madrid - if not - where?

#26090 - 12/02/00 03:16 AM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
nicholas Offline

puna,
i so thank you for your wonderfully kind words. both missmadrid and i share the passion and determination to make things work. the unexpected or poor luck may occur... leaving one or the both of us staying for only a short while. more importantly, we know that we've done what's so inherent in who we are. to try and make a life for oursleves in spain. i'm certain the 30 die-hards you speak of understand. we're a very esoteric group i must say.

i too will be trying my hand at the esl market. i've taught esl privately for two years, worked as an in-class tutor to students for the american domestic peace corps(americorps)and in my spare time worked as an aid to european history instructors. all done while attending college. the experience and love of teaching is certainly there, i simply hope i have the ability to transcend this.

to answer your question, i will be in madrid. as i'm sure you're aware, missmadrid will be setting herself up in her TRUE home of el escorial. she'll be working on her tefl certificate in madrid and hopefully continuing her study of flamenco. all of this, and hopefully at least one of us will be granted the dream we hold so dear.

i know that she has promised to keep all of you updated on how her life goes. i certainly make the same promise. it would be inconceivable for either of us to lose contact with all of you. this little message board is like a second home...i would miss all of you too much.

p.s. i certainly will pass on what you say to missmadrid. she'll hopefully be on here again soon to check in and say hello to all of you. and no, i certainly cannot speak for her. i feel terribly uncomfortable doing so as it is. the last thing i could ever do is be the amazing contributor that she is. for now, i'm just her volunteer p.r. department while she's away.

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 12-02-2000).]

#26091 - 12/02/00 12:10 PM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Not to be a "stick in the mud", but let's remember this is the "Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!" thread, eh? Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26092 - 12/02/00 01:19 PM Re: Tavern crawl with walks of Madrid !!
nicholas Offline

you're right madridman, i apologize. we should be back to our tavern crawls of madrid topic. you know how it is my there friend...you begin chatting and off you go =) i suppose you have to earn your keep as dictator.

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 12-02-2000).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments