Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26045 - 10/11/00 03:20 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
martymoose Offline

I take it that no has got a clue about the baseball match then??? It's a pity because according to a couple of other spectators who were there it was quite a close match compared to previous years. I did find out about a similar tradition in Denmark but it is not so violent as the Spanish version. Anyway to thanks for trying to help. But hey puna maybe if you take in a game you will relax a little.

#26046 - 10/12/00 01:07 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Sarah-
I'm with you there. Did you get my Bob and Doug McKenzie reference?

#26047 - 10/12/00 01:14 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
i agree... sounds like a slight references to a ham fight from jamon jamon...

those wacky canadians...

#26048 - 10/12/00 04:52 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Sarah, next time you decide to walk on eggshells, make sure that they are empty so you don't crush the chicks inside and get all bloody. You were probably so nauseated by the blood that words just couldn't come out of your mouth. The last time I walked on eggshells they were empty, so I could say all I wanted.

Oh, it's my wacky Canadian sense of humour taking over again! (Actually, it's quittin' time, so I'm going home to grab a beer, it usually helps put a quick stop to my wacky Canadian sense of humour).

Thank Mr Martymoose for the above inspiration.

#26049 - 10/13/00 05:38 AM Re: Museo del Jamon
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Jen - I did indeed.

Canadiense - have one for me, this is all getting to much for me. Got to keep away from those eggshells.

I haven't seen Jamon Jamon but I'll have to now. I'm flying to Madrid on 17th and I won't be able to go into el Museo without these baseball images cropping up. Thanks Marty. Thanks a lot.

#26050 - 10/13/00 11:31 AM Re: Museo del Jamon
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Actually Sarah, I had three for you and three for myself (but who's counting!) I just switched back to drinking Labatt ICE after putting up with Export for a few years. I was starting to feel like an old man, so drinking the ICE made me feel 19 again. Salud!!

Okay, now for a "What I love about Spain" moment. You can drink wine in a bar without your manhood being questioned. Ask for wine in a bar (restaurants excluded)anywhere in North America, and they serve you something overly sweet in a long stemmed glass while looking at you strangely. Some of the best memories I have of Madrid are sitting (or standing) in bars, a cup of vino tinto in hand, surrounded by great company. So have some wine for me when you get there Sarah!!

As for Jamon Jamon, see it. Penelope Cruz at her sexiest for sure. The director has a way of making these great tragi-comedies without the sickly sweet Hollywood endings.

#26051 - 10/13/00 12:45 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
Guynes Offline

Loc: Livingston, AL, USA
I think that this is yet another incident which points out just how difficult--if not dangerous--it is to be a vegetarian in Spain.

#26052 - 10/13/00 01:39 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
Sarah Offline

Loc: Scotland
Well, I'll have to try really hard to force down an extra few glasses for you, Canadiense. Any one else want me to have one for them, in my spirit of self-sacrifice?

Now to try and find jamon jamon in my very small and provincial Scottish town...more chance of finding a jamon baseball game I reckon.

#26053 - 10/14/00 08:52 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
Rusty Offline

Marty Moose
Marty Moose
Good chat Rust...

#26054 - 10/14/00 08:56 PM Re: Museo del Jamon
Rusty Offline

You ever bopped your boloni

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments