Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25967 - 09/21/00 01:00 AM nightlife (Madrid)
monique Offline

Loc: miami,fl usa
my husband and i are a mature couple we would like to go out for the nightlife in madrid, but dont want to go where college crowd is. Any suggestions for mature but still active couple looking to have fun evening out with music and dance.

#25968 - 09/21/00 02:29 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Monique! You might want to read the thread " nightlife for the post 40 crowd!?! (Madrid) " in this forum.

And don't worry too much about "the college crowd". I think it really only exists around the universities (a little out of the old city center), but you'll find 20, 30, 40+ people and families at nearly all bars & terrazas in Madrid. You won't feel out of place at all. Dancing is another thing. While it's not unusual to see older people at discos/dance-clubs it is rare.

Have a great time in Madrid and Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25969 - 09/22/00 01:53 AM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
WDJunior Offline

Hi Monique!
If you ask me, the place to go is definitely "Joy Eslava" in Calle Arenal, It´s just next to Puerta del Sol. I´ve been there with my parents (I´m 29 so figure out how old they are) and we´ve always had a great time. At "Joy" you can find twenty-somethings as well as people up to ??
The nice thing about this club is that it´s one of those places where you
a) can show up any weekday, there´s really something going on every night
b) has been trendy for about 20 years now
c) offers the possibility to go up to the 2nd or 3rd floor, sit down at a table and just listen to the music (disco,salsa, etc.) or watch the crowd dance on the dance floor.

You sure would not feel out of place here -even being +40
Have fun!
Saludos

#25970 - 09/22/00 02:20 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Joy Eslava is one of the most famous discos in the city. It is situated in Madrid center an area packed with small night clubs where Joy Eslava is a exception. It is also different from the small night clubs in that you have to pay 2.500 pts if you want to enter. You can also try El Berlin Cabaret in Costanilla de San Pedro 11. They have shows every night and the atmosphere is brilliant. I went there on a Thursday with two New Yorkers
and one of them told me I was the best.
Get there at 12.00 I do not think you will have entry problems. The place is packed at two and shows usually begin at 1.00am.

Regards,
Andrés Jarabo.

------------------
Taste Madrid with:
http://www.walksofspain.com

[This message has been edited by Andrés (edited 09-22-2000).]

#25971 - 09/22/00 03:07 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I visited Berlin Cabaret in 1995 and had a great time. (I have a WILD story about that place, but will wait for the right moment to tell it) I recall that most people were in their late 20s, 30s, and older. You can also go upstairs, sit at a table, and look down over the dancefloor at the dancers/show. We had such a good time. As Andrés says, get there early (midnight) because when we left at about 3:00am there was a LONG line to enter. I also hope to try Joy Eslava for the first time when I'm in Madrid in October.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25972 - 09/22/00 03:13 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
Natalie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
My gosh...the hours are so late! How do people get up for work in the morning? How are we going to get up in the morning to go sightseeing?

How do you guys do it?

#25973 - 09/22/00 03:24 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Gotta love that siesta!! Am I right in thinking, though, that people don't take siesta as much any more like they do in the South?

#25974 - 09/25/00 04:43 AM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Jen,

You're right. As long as you have a job, you just CAN'T take siestas .

On weekends it's optional depending on the "arrival time" to home the night before. I put the line at 6am, but just a personal opinion .

During holidays it´s almost mandatory. Specially on summers, due to the high temperatures that won´t let you do anything else...

Saludos.

#25975 - 09/25/00 12:24 PM Re: nightlife (Madrid)
monique Offline

Loc: miami,fl usa
Thanks guys
Can wait to get back and tell you all the fun I had!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments