MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25732 - 07/26/00 01:41 PM Re: Cafe con Leche
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Angela, Parmalat milk, eh? Never heard of that. I seriously doubt it can be found in my grocery store. Hmmm.. Maybe the local gourmet foods grocery store. Interesting thought, though. In fact, I'm not at all sure I've ever seen milk sold in the bricks here in the US. I suppose they can be found somewhere. Thanks for the tip! (and yes, I'd be looking for those in skim milk )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25733 - 07/27/00 06:15 AM Re: Cafe con Leche
Angela Offline

Madrid Man, I buy the Parmalat milk at my local supermarket all the time. Try looking next to the canned and dry milk. If you have trouble finding it, try www.netgrocer.com By the way, it comes in whole, 1 o/o, 2 o/o and skim.

#25734 - 07/27/00 12:40 PM Re: Cafe con Leche
Wendy E Offline

Maybe you can try Café Bustelo here in the US, any supermarket in a Latin neighborhood will sell it.

#25735 - 07/27/00 03:59 PM Re: Cafe con Leche
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hi Marcita - I live in Boston and have found the best way to duplicate Spanish coffee is to buy 1/2 French Roast & 1/2 Columbian beans - have htem ground & mised together. Won't work if you use a home grinder - it's not fine enough. This will work only with really good beans - try Pocarre's (spelling) in the North End - corner of Parmenter and Salem. It's good - but not nearly as good as the authentic

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments