Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25710 - 09/26/00 04:46 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I checked the Localidades Galicia web site(thanks to Antonio) for bullfight schedule and according to their schedule it's only until 15/10! We'll be in Spain on 18/10 and I was wodering if there are other Plaza de Toros that still has bullfighting at least on 22/10? What about the new Vista Alegre Plaza de Toros that Eddie mentioned in the other postings. Does anybody know the new Vista Alegre's sked? What about in Sevilla's Plaza de Toros?
Thanks

#25711 - 09/26/00 06:50 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I checked the Localidades Galicia web site(thanks to Antonio) for bullfight schedule and according to their schedule it's only
Thanks NJMaria for your compliments but I wouldn't like to be remembered by the guy who advertises Localidades Galicia .

In fact, I think 20% commission plus 3% more if you pay with credit card is a rip off. I don't like the kind of business based on resaling things. The rest of the people do the hard work and they just make money from resaling other's people work.

[There is another resaling place just for bullfights tickets at calle Victoria very close to Puerta del Sol]

On the other hand, I would like to be remembered by the one who first told you about Aerocity and about easyEverything .

As for the bullfighting, I'm afraid the season finishes in October. Then, bullfighters go to South America. They'll come back to Spain in March.

There might be a bullfighting in October after the 15th but I don't think it will be in Madrid.

By the way, the Festival de Otoño bullfightings will take place on the following dates:

Sep 29th, Sep 30th, Oct 1st, Oct 6th, Oct 7th, Oct 8th.

On the 6th there will be a Corrida de Rejones (bullfighting on a horse) with Joao Moura, a great Portuguese rejoneador.

BTW, Madridman, on the 12th there will be a special bullfighting to celebrate el día de la Hispanidad in Madrid.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#25712 - 09/27/00 09:13 AM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
At the first bullfight I attended in Madrid, many years ago, one of the peones was gored in the groin & tossed about like a rag doll.
It was not pleasant to see: I learned later that the man had not survived (although they have excellent doctors/surgeons available at the bullring). It kept me from returning to the Toros for quite some time, and even now the only time I go is to accompany a person who is unfamiliar with the ritual & explain the stages of the corrida to them.
P.D.
The man who was killed was not the high-paid Torero. He was a member of the Cuadrilla who's job it was to 'position' the bull for the picador or the bandarilleros. It's nice if no one gets hurt or killed but if someone does, it can leave a lasting impression.

#25713 - 09/27/00 11:40 AM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the information. Actually, I browsed Localidades Galicia just to check the bullfighting skeds because the ones posted in Las Ventas web site is in Spanish.

Anyway, I really appreciate your concern and don't worry whenever I hear the name Antonio, I will remember aerocity and easyEverything and of course, who could forget Hostal Chelo.(sorry I don't know how to make the names clickable). By the way, Antonio is one of my brother's names, he was named after our grandfather and San Antonio.

....NJmaria

#25714 - 09/27/00 11:57 AM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I HIGHLY recommend seeing a corrida de rejones, and Antonio has found out there is one in Madrid on Oct. 6 (see above). These corridas are much more beautiful than the regular ones, as the bullfighter goes through the movements on horseback. It's truly an amazing sight. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time when I went to one.

#25715 - 09/27/00 03:50 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
OK, here comes the pragmatist... if you PAID for a full day trip to Toledo thru your packaged tour, that's a lot of "money" to give up and then shell out MORE for bullfight, etc. Why not do Toledo this time and save the bullfight for next? I agree w/ Diana that the bullfighting on horses would be more interesting. Lots of bullfights are boring, bad, and... ok, I won't go there again about how the art has long given way to mostly bad commercial spectacle!

#25716 - 03/22/01 04:44 AM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
sasha Offline

Loc: israel
We got from Galicia by Internet price
to bullfight 4600 passets for ticket,but we bought ticket by 1000 pessets (to the same
place ) in cash Las Ventas.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments