Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2562 - 06/20/01 03:55 AM Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Guida Offline

Loc: Portugal
I am thinking about booking a hostal in Barcelona through www.barcelona-on-line.es . Can anyone tell me if this service is reliable?
Also, they asked me for my Credit Card number and expiry date, by e-mail or fax! I don't think this is very safe, is it?
They suggest a place to stay and describe it, but don't tell me the name of the place, so I can't search for information on the Internet confused.
I appreciate any help.

Guida

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2563 - 06/20/01 05:10 AM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
If you don't like it I would take a look at the other posts on this board where there are the names of a lot of hotels and hostals or look at www.infohostal.com.

Also, ask to telefone with your credit card info and give it to them verbally, it's safer that way. But I'd ask for the address and name of the place to check out if it's in a good spot.

However, if you run the search on their site it lists hostals with their names and telefono numbers.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Asterault ]

#2564 - 06/20/01 12:59 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Guida Offline

Thanks, MadridMan!

I would still like to know whether anyone out there has booked through them (www.barcelona-on-line.es) and if they are OK.

Guida

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Guida ]

#2565 - 06/20/01 01:31 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Dear Guida: I've used Barcelona on line for one year but only for info. I never booked thru them but got plenty of info which I then sought out on my own & saved fee's boking myself. Try Hostal Levante in Barrio Gothic or Hostal Neutral in Eixample District, both are excellent prices & have firm reputations. I stayed @ Levante and they are wonderful but I may stay @ Neutral the next time because of their location.You can find websites thru google.com. Good Luck wink

#2566 - 06/20/01 02:08 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ummm.. you're welcome, Guida, but it was our much-respected Asterault who answered you above. wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#2567 - 06/20/01 03:42 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Well, you made the website, I'm just here using it!

As for the on-line site guida, I have no idea, I don't need a hostal! I live here! laugh

I doubt they are going to steal your money, it would be shut down by now if it was a scam and it looks as if it's been around for a while.

#2568 - 06/20/01 04:32 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Guida Offline

Thanks, all!

Asterault, sorry!... Maybe we could meet when me and my husband get there...

Guida

#2569 - 06/20/01 09:29 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Guida,
I recently tried to use Barcelona-on-line but I wasn't comfortable with providing credit card information to a third party. What I did is like what was suggested above. I e-mailed them back and requested the name and address of the place they recommened, then I came back to the board and asked members for their insite on that recommendation, and did my own personal internet research on that particular hotel. This way you may find a way to be in touch with the hotel directly and avoid other costs. I don't know when you'll be there, but be warned, it took me forever to find a place in Barcelona for the first week of July. Check out my message on "stresing over Barcelona!" Where in Portugal are you from? I'll be there in July.

Billy ski- I'm so glad to hear your comments about Hostal Levante as I just confirmed a reservation with them last night.

#2570 - 06/20/01 09:44 PM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Can14: Good for you. We loved it there and the people are wonderful. Everything is immaculate and there are 2 bonuses @ the Levante . Directly downstairs is a typical Spanish coffeeshop. The owner is a very sweet & interesting Gentleman who rides his bike to work everyday. His sister helps him but speaks little English so she communicates thru smiles. We became a little friendly with him and he refused our money on our last day in Barcelona. There is a trendy and quite marvelous restaurant named Le Pou Dolc also downstairs from Levante. They have a Lunch special which is unbeatable. I think it is 2200 Pesetas but what you get is amazing. The same meal goes for about 7000 Psts. @ dinner. Don,t miss it if you can help it. Do not believe there are no downsides in Barrio Gothic as there are some sleazy types that come out at night so always be aware & on guard.Being only 2 blocks from Ramblas you have convenience to the busy scene but also there are clip artists looking to prey on the unaware. Otherwise you will have a great time.Enjoy. wink

#2571 - 06/21/01 03:39 AM Re: Barcelona-on-line: is it reliable?
Guida Offline

Thanks, everyone!
I am booking at Levante, thanks to the comments I've seen here and other posts!
CAN14, I live in Porto and love it. I am travelling to Spain in mid-July.
MadridMan, congratulations and thanks for the excellent site. It's been so useful until now to plan our trip, now I'll use the board to start planning what to do when I get to Madrid and Barcelona!

Guida laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments