Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2541 - 06/18/01 12:25 PM Hostal Jaén (Madrid): Can anyone tell me about it?
Guida Offline

Loc: Portugal
Maybe it's a bit too late to ask this, because I booked already, but can anyone tell me anything about Hostal Jaén ? It looks OK on the site and it's cheap. The woman I talked to on the phone to book was OK.

I am spending 2 days in Madrid on 17/18 July. Any suggestions? cool

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2542 - 06/18/01 12:52 PM Re: Hostal Jaén (Madrid): Can anyone tell me about it?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Guida! Did the woman to whom you spoke on the phone speak English? I really don't know anything about this place, but it's located in Huertas and on the same street as Hostal Dulcinea . This street is a little quieter than others in Huertas. If you stay at Hostal Jaén, please return here to this thread and tell us all about it. You'd be the first to review it. Good luck to you!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#2543 - 06/19/01 05:44 AM Re: Hostal Jaén (Madrid): Can anyone tell me about it?
Guida Offline

MadridMan,

I don't know whether the woman spoke any English. I am Portuguese and speak a little Spanish.

Thanks for your help anyway, at least now I know I'll be in a nice neighbourhood.

Guida

#2544 - 08/01/01 11:08 AM Re: Hostal Jaén (Madrid): Can anyone tell me about it?
Guida Offline

In reply to my own question, I have to say I liked Hostal Jaén very much! The room was very clean, had TV, a fan and a little balcony overlooking the street. Double room with private bath and toilet 5.500 pesetas! OK, so the bathtub was baby-size and the toilet was in a cubicle, but at this price...

The location was excellent, just a few steps away from the Prado and Thyssen museums and close to the other main spots, and quiet. I even found a parking space in front of the hostal! (we may have been a bit lucky there!)

So, I highly recommend it!

Guida

#2545 - 08/02/01 07:44 AM Re: Hostal Jaén (Madrid): Can anyone tell me about it?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
IF ONLY they could/would get email access and accept reservations in this way instead of ONLY by phone/fax. I have a big problem with this as MANY MANY people do not speak Spanish and this is almost always a necessity when calling most hostels in Spain.

I realize the cost of internet access in Spain, but seems a small price to pay in order to increase business.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments