Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25303 - 01/14/08 10:34 AM Madrid Weather in April
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I will be in Madrid April 3-13. Can anyone advise me what kind of weather to expect during that period?

Also has there been any progress in settling the Metro's trash workers' strike?

#25304 - 01/14/08 12:33 PM Re: Madrid Weather in April
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The first half of April should have cool temperatures, but possibly some as high as 65ºF on a freakish day. Typically, days in the mid-50sºF.

The metro's cleaning service strike has been resolved and things are back to normal.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25305 - 01/14/08 09:06 PM Re: Madrid Weather in April
gobears Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thank goodness the strike is over. It was getting pretty disgusting.

#25306 - 01/15/08 05:27 AM Re: Madrid Weather in April
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
En abril, aguas mil
Hasta el cuarenta de mayo no te quites el sayo

This is a phrase I was taught about April weather in Madrid, which basically means it's a wet month.

There are more similar phrases here :
http://www.refranerocastellano.com/refran9.htm

This actually got the anarak inside me interested as to whether there is any statistical backup to this, or whether it is an old wives tale, along the lines of Summer being very hot if robins are particularly noisy on March 25th.

As is always the way with statistics there are contrasting opinions, but it does seem to be one of the wetter months of the year in Madrid.

This link
http://www.wordtravels.com/Cities/Spain/Madrid/Climate
makes it wetter than March.

This link
http://www.kyero.com/weather/28-madrid
doesn't. confused

#25307 - 01/17/08 08:45 AM Re: Madrid Weather in April
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I was so delighted that the metros are clean again, it was so bad it was beginning to make me feel ill!

#25308 - 01/17/08 11:46 AM Re: Madrid Weather in April
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Nothing wrong with a bit of rubbish and vomit. I was beginning to think I was back in London. :yuck:

#25309 - 01/17/08 01:59 PM Re: Madrid Weather in April
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I love Spain in Spring. Mmmmm... Can't wait. Back to short sleeves - but *I'll* probably reach that necessity by mid March.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25310 - 01/18/08 06:29 AM Re: Madrid Weather in April
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
arthurg writes:
Quote:
I will be in Madrid April 3-13. Can anyone advise me what kind of weather to expect during that period?
Sunny & warm for the most part; although there could be some brief chubascos. No overcoat needed but a lightweight rain slicker might come in handy. cool
Sevilla's Feria de abril runs April 8-13 this year. I'm not sure if Renfe's discounted Internet AVE fares will be available that week. If so, I would suggest a 'same day return:' (7:30AM Madrid-Sevilla; 8PM Sevilla-Madrid).

#25311 - 01/18/08 08:16 AM Re: Madrid Weather in April
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
The average low temperature in Madrid for the first half of April is around 40 degrees--the average high is around 62 degrees. I would bring a coat and clothes that you can layer.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments