Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24188 - 08/04/05 08:04 PM Fun in Torremolinos
jacorona Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
In his book, "The Sun also Rises", Ernest Hemingway described "Torremolinos", Spain as the 24/7 party town in all of Spain. That was in 1923 so I imagine a lot has changed since then.

I fell in love with Spain when I spent two weeks at "LLoret De Mar",years ago and that was a really a party town. Franco's demise certainly brought social liberation to Spain.

Hmmm, I wonder if a guy that has a resemblance to "Antonio Sabato" or "Elvis" when he was 25 years old would have a problem dating a young Spanish or European Senorita? I'm Mexican Italian and quite fluent in English, Spanish, with a dash of German, Italian and Portugese. If anyone can fill me in about Torremolinos, please do so.

I plan to vacation there soon.

Tendra much fiesta Torremolinos hoy dia?

Por favor tienen que relatarlo porque estoy muy
interesado en conocerlo.

Un Servidor
El Gitano Corona

#24189 - 08/05/05 06:42 AM Re: Fun in Torremolinos
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Quote:
In his book, "The Sun also Rises", Ernest Hemingway described "Torremolinos", Spain as the 24/7 party town in all of Spain. That was in 1923 so I imagine a lot has changed since then.
I first visited Torremolinos in 1960. It still had some of what 'Papa' Hemingway described. When I returned in 1974, I tried to order breakfast at a bar/restaurant out on the bluff, but the wait staff were all 'Brits' and they didn't understand Spanish. That became my 'Farewell to Arms' for Torremolinos.

The 'Brits' who sit out in the sun on the Terraza at Pepe's are living in the past.

Hemingway also had a favorite 'watering hole' in Madrid (I used to go there for the Angulas. And there's Pamplona ...

#24190 - 08/05/05 07:52 AM Re: Fun in Torremolinos
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Eddie -
So very well stated! wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments