Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24 - 05/13/00 03:45 PM which is Cheapest hostel?
serdar Offline

Loc: ankara/Turkey
hi..
next week I will be in madrid.
but I don2t have any rezervations yet...I am looking for any hostels which is really cheap.Plzz recommend me a hostel in madrid.
and do I have to make reservation before I arrive madrid ? Can I find a hostel/room after arriving madrid?
thanks.

------------------
SerdaR

#25 - 05/13/00 05:32 PM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello serdar and welcome to the group!

The cheapest hostels (called a "hostal" in Spanish) in Madrid don't have websites so they're harder to find. However, have you looked over the thread in this same forum under the heading of "Hostels for 2000 pesetas or under.." yet? One of the postings there mentions a couple by name.

I think the cheapest hostel on my Madrid Hostels page @ http://www.madridman.com/madridhostels.html would be Hostal Aliste. I've even received a few positive emails of feedback about them.

If the price is the only factor why not consider a youth-hostel? Actually, I don't think Hostal Aliste is much more than a standard youth-hostel, but it's your choice.

A reservation would be a good idea, especially since the Feria de San Isidro, the monthlong bullfighting festival in Madrid, just began.

Still, with the hundreds and hundreds of hostels that are in Madrid I'm sure you could just walk from one to the next (WITH your bags) and eventually find one that has space available and fits your budget.

Have a great time!!

Saludos,

MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26 - 05/14/00 06:44 AM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
serdar Offline

thank you very much for your reply.
you recommended me youth-hostals.
ok.
then where can I find the youth-hostal adresses ?
thanks

------------------
SerdaR

#27 - 05/14/00 06:20 PM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again, serdar!

You can find information about 2 of Madrid's 3 youth-hostels @ http://www.timeout.com/madrid/accom/youth_hostels.html

There is a third youth-hostel in Madrid and it has a website, but I don't recall the URL. Antonio, do you have that URL for serdar? Thanks!

Saludos,

MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28 - 05/15/00 06:01 AM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi,

The URL is http://personal2.redestb.es/empleosfermin/

You can find it also in a good search engine like "google.com". I searched for "albergue juvenil san fermín".

BTW, I wouldn't recommend the Richard Schrimann youth hostel at Casa de Campo. This is not a not a good area.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#29 - 05/28/00 11:44 AM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Near the Plaza Colon, on a major street called Calle Sagassa, there is a nice and affordable place to stay called Hostal Residencia Trevinca. Three of us stayed there for 7000 pesetas. We were on the sixth floor and had a balcony overlooking this major boulevard. We were directed to this Hostal at the Atocha RENFE train station, where for a small fee we were directed to a lodging that was near the Plaza Colon. From this Plaza we took a bus to the Barajas airport.

Hostal Residencia Trevinca was excellent. It was family run, had a lot of rooms, was super clean and was run by a very nice family.

#30 - 05/28/00 02:30 PM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
serdar Offline

thanks..sofia
I just came-back to my country Turkiye.
I was in madrid for 10 days and stayed at Calle de Palma-Senior "Antonio's pension"..it was 1,800 pst.and clean..also near to Gran via...
I loved madrid
and thanks madridman for your help..
ole ole madriid..

#31 - 05/28/00 06:30 PM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I just wanted to note that "Antonio's pension" is not my place, in case someone gets confused. My place is called "Chelo".

Saludos,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#32 - 05/30/00 10:25 AM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
Adriano Vivancos Offline

Loc: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Hi Serdan,

I am going to Madrid in one and a half week and I still don't know where to stay. For instance, I read your message recommending the "Antonio's pension", where you seem to have stayed.

Could you tell me how you made your reservation? Did you do it through the internet? Could you also give me the adress and phone number of the place?

Thanks

------------------
Adriano Vivancos

#33 - 05/30/00 12:04 PM Re: which is Cheapest hostel?
serdar Offline

hi..
I didn`t make a reservation...
also I don`t mean recommend that pansion...it was not bad but maybe you can find another place to stay better than `antonios pansion` ...it was 1.800 pst but you have to stay in a room with two beds...
but anyway it was enough good...
also ask for `madridman` and `ANTONIO` they may be know better then me..
byee..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments