Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2388 - 05/27/01 07:20 PM Carlos V in Madrid
lasgaviotas Offline

Loc: San Diego
We are booked into the Hotel Carlos V in Madrid. Any comments about this hotel. The website looked pretty good. Thanks.

[ 05-28-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2389 - 05/27/01 08:58 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Welcome to the board. I've posted (recently again) about Carlos V. We stayed there in 1999. Run a search of threads in Hotels, and you should find some good comments on it. If you're not interested in searching, I give it a thumbs up. You'll like the central location, and the pedestrian street entrance...

#2390 - 05/28/01 03:46 AM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
I'll second that! laugh

Jo

#2391 - 05/28/01 05:31 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
delyn Offline

Loc: flintshire uk
Carlos V is a super hotel in a superb location.just mind your bags as there are too many muggings for comfort especially in sol just 50 metres away.I SAW A PARTICULARLY nasty one on wednesday 23/05/2001 at midnight.Take care and you will have a great time.ps. I can highly recommend ANDRE at Walks of Spain.He gave us a great insight into old Madrid

#2392 - 05/28/01 07:57 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
jowend Offline

Loc: Denver
Carlos V is in a terrific location, close to metro stations, Sol, Plaza Mayor and Corte Ingles, yet it is quiet. But, when I was there last week the hotel transport van never showed up at the airport. After waiting for over 2 hours I had to take a cab. The hotel just claimed that this was not possible. While waiting I overheard all the other airport drivers joking about "Carlos Cinco." So you might want to consider making your own transportation arrangements. The hotel called a cab for our early morning departure, but I noticed that it cost more than the cab from the airport during rush hour. If possible I would use Aero City.

#2393 - 06/09/01 02:59 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
KHN Offline

Loc: Michigan
Carlos V was a clean,quiet hotel on a pedestrian street. The staff at the desk was helpful whenever we needed assistance. It is close to the Plaza Mayor for people watching. We walked everywhere from that location but it was not very close to the museum district if that is where you will be spending alot of time.

[ 06-10-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#2394 - 06/19/01 04:32 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
June22nd Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
We spent one night at the Carlos V our last night in Madrid. It is in a terrific location, the rooms are very clean and neat, and we were lucky enough to have a balcony with an awning for shade. The balcony was almost as big as the room! The staff were very friendly and courteous, we had no problems getting a very early taxi to the airport, and would highly recommend it!

#2395 - 07/01/01 01:15 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
jason Offline

Loc: florida USA
just returned from a 9 night stay at the hotel carlos V in Madrid. It is a great hotel, located in central madrid. It is perfectly located and is very safe. It is centrally located and is wher eall the action is. I did not see any crime; I walked the streets at all hours of the night (and early morning) with no problems. Your room has a/c , tv, shower, minbar(refrig), and is very clean. Also, all you can eat breakfast is great. any ?S email me at jasonf9999@yahoo.com

#2396 - 07/19/01 09:44 PM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Just returned from there and I second everything that the above members have said. Great location. Everything was within walking distance. Nice size rooms with A/C. Reasonable price in comparision to other hotels around it. Good cold breakfast included. BUT!!! Make your own transportation arrangements from the airport if that's the way you're coming. I spent 2 hours waiting for the shuttle. There are two Best Western shuttles and only one of them services Carlos V. The metro would have been faster and cheaper.

#2397 - 08/12/02 12:58 AM Re: Carlos V in Madrid
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
The Carlos V in Madrid is still as good as it was when these replies were posted. I know it is a Best Western but in three days I did not feel that we were in an American hotel. The rates were $110. per night The location is wonderful and the hotel is in the center of shopping on streets that are closed to traffic. Also close to the tourist buses that allow you to get on and off as often as you want. The breakfast was great and some of our people wanted scrambled eggs. They were extra but only two dollars. Having breakfast in you hotel saves you about two hours in getting out of the hotel. The airport shuttle was $6.00 and they were on time. I hate taxis so this is one of the reasons for this hotel.
Sabalagirl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments