Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23882 - 04/30/05 07:08 AM 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
emi Offline

Loc: australia
HI all,

I went through this forum, and theres heaps of info on Andalusia, thanks.. but i still have heaps of questions in regards to the region.

I am coming from madrid and wish to visit Cordoba,Sevilla, Malaga and Granada.

I am not sure where shall i base myself , or should i just stay 2 nights in every stop? or is it better to do stay at one and do day trips? If so, where is the best?

I was thinking maybe 2 areas I should sleep over, most likely either Cordoba or Granada- Sierra Nevada. What dya guys think? And afterwards, i will make my way up to Barcelona and figueres,Girona, which ends my trip.

Is Valencia worth a visit? smile

thanks... :p

#23883 - 04/30/05 07:57 AM Re: 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
How many days do you have?

A few nights in each place are definitely ok, though I would add a bit more for Sevilla and Granada. Valencia is a lovely city but my not hold much interest for you if you are headed to Barcelona and particularly if time is a factor. I personally enjoy staying in one place and do some exploring in the region, if I had to choose one of your destinations I'd probably say Sevilla...

#23884 - 04/30/05 11:28 PM Re: 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
emi Offline

Hi Berzabuena, thanks for the reply.... ok.. Granada and Sevilla...hmmmm, sounds feasible... well, i have exactly a week in Andalusia, just tryin to figure out where i should stay longer. So, Malaga is out base-wise, huh? ok.

I was reading on Sierra Nevada and i think maybe i should stay there for 2 nights at least among the white walled villages perched on the cliffs... quite an amazing sight! smile

any other suggestions, anyone?

#23885 - 05/07/05 02:31 PM Re: 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
meencantaespana Offline

I would definitely reccomend Granada, Seville, Malaga, but my favorite has to be Cadiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23886 - 05/11/05 09:56 AM Re: 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
ellenoregon Offline

Loc: oregon usa
If you are interested in the mountains, presumably because you wish to hike, consider Grazalema, a little town perched in the mountains between Sevilla and Granada. We stayed there two nights but I could have stayed a week. We stayed in a great Casa Rurale, La Mejorana,see at www.lamejorana.net. If you want to hike, ask before you come because many routes require permits (free) to limit crowding. If you end up in La Mejorana, call as soon as you get there. It is almost impossible to find without being led to it by the owner!

#23887 - 05/13/05 09:09 AM Re: 7days Andalusia...where would i based myself...etc etc?
emi Offline

thanks guys..really appreciate the suggestions...
i've been reading on seville, and yes.. it's actually enchanting...especially Carmona. So, i have decided to stay in carmona... and then go to seville city-pass by malaga( to see picasso's home) for a day and towards Granada and Bubion-Sierra Nevada.

Wish am not travelling alone....Anyone in Andalusia from the 18th-23rd June 05?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments