Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#23619 - 02/15/05 12:41 PM Nerja questions
DN2 Offline

Does anyone know how to contact the tourist bureau in Nerja online? The Lonely Planet guide lists a phone number for it, but I haven't been able to find an e-mail address or web site for the bureau.

We'll be staying in Nerja for a week in April, and hope to make daytrips to Seville and Granada. Know of/recommend any tours operating out of Nerja?

Finally does anyone have recommendations about things to see and do in Nerja? Any must-see sights? Any restaurants/bars you'd strongly recommend? I'm intrigued to hear that Nerja has several English pubs. A little Anglo might be a welcome change for non-Spanish speakers like us.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Great site, Madrid Man.

#23620 - 02/15/05 12:48 PM Re: Nerja questions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
DN2: The official website for Nerja's City Hall is http://www.nerja.org/ . Theres an English-language version available. Click the link in the menu at left for TOURIST OFFICE and there, on that page, you'll get an email address, phone number, and street address along with other information. Also on Nerja.org there's A LOT of city & tourism information.

Quote:
Nerja's Tourist Office is placed in Puerta del Mar st., next to Balcón de Europa. The assistants can erve you by speaking Spanish, English, French and German.

The Tourist Office offers extense information and provides you with guides, maps, addresses, schedukes, etc...
Well, since I'm quoting text, here's the information:

EMail: turismo@nerja.org
Oficina de Turismo de Nerja
C/ Puerta del Mar, 2
29780 Nerja, Málaga (España)
Tel.- 95 252 15 31
Fax- 95 252 62 87

Also, be sure to conduct a search of this forum using, simply, NERJA as your keyword and I KNOW you'll find some previously posted information which you'll likely find useful.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23621 - 02/15/05 01:23 PM Re: Nerja questions
DN2 Offline

Madrid Man, you rock. If the Spanish tourist bureau isn't subsidizing you already, they sure has heck should.

#23622 - 02/16/05 10:33 AM Re: Nerja questions
hebah Offline

Loc: ire
I was in Nerja for couple of weeks last March, about going to Sevilla or Granada, catch the bus and do it yourself , the buses all leave on the main street near cemetry, its cheaper and more fun, last yr i booked for day trip to Granada, we only had 4 hours and it cost 60 euro, rip off, the next day we caught the very excellent public bus back to granada for 6 euro. Granada is easy to naviagate ariund, and once threre you are addicted, i went bak last summer. As forsevilla its really quite far from Nerja, as for pubs etc, its full of english people anyway, im from ireland and felt like i was in britain!!Make sure you go to Friglliana, catch the public bus or get a taxi, its a gorgues white washed village judt about 7 miles away, why not also go to Mlaga for the day, its much underestimated, in Nerja visit the caves(i didn't have the time) and just enjoy posing wuth the Spanish at the cafes by the beach!have fab time!!also maybe a day trip to Gibraltar, for this you are best using tour company,

#23623 - 02/16/05 05:22 PM Re: Nerja questions
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
I agree with the previous statement. The "do it yourself" with public transportation works out just fine and you'll save plenty. Granada and Nerja are close neighbors. It's honestly not a toughie. As for Sevilla, that's a little further away. I've personally done the trip from Granada to Nerja while heading south. IT's definitely worth it. Feel free to ask about Granada. I'm off to Spain on Saturday. Good luck Debbie

#23624 - 02/17/05 01:39 PM Re: Nerja questions
hebah Offline

Loc: ire
what part of Spain are you going to, im hoping to go on feb 26/27 not sure what part yet.have great time which of course you will as its Spain!!

#23625 - 02/17/05 02:43 PM Re: Nerja questions
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
I leave for Spain on Saturday. We are starting in Madrid and working our way southward to stay with friends in Granada. I'm OVERLY excited to go back.

#23626 - 03/17/05 05:44 PM Re: Nerja questions
nj Offline

Loc: Northern ireland
I'd recommend Morenos on Burriana beach for a long lunch- excellent plate of paella and a beer for about 6 euros.Restaurante Paco Mari on calle Gloria for a resonable set menu for an evening meal(menu del dia for 7 or 11 euros)Bar Dolores aka el chispa (off calle Ruperto Anduez)for great seafood tapas and good atmosphere.Also bar Tito Bola(also on Calle Ruperto Anduez) for spanish lessons on swearing and football!!For a coffee with a sea view try Cafe Cala Bella near the tourist office and lastly bar Molino on Calle San Juan for genuine flamenco and Malaga wine!Don't worry about the language most people speak english but don't let that stop you having a go at spanish----enjoy

#23627 - 03/18/05 12:21 PM Re: Nerja questions
DN2 Offline

NJ,
Thanks for the restaurant suggestions. This is the second time I've heard about ayo's. My wife isn't too keen on seafood, although really fresh fish may change her mind. Are most menus 90% seafood? How about roast suckling pig, which we've heard about but have never tried? Any places in Nerja you'd recommend for that? Thanks also for the suggestions on the bars! If you wanted to spend a nice, quiet evening having drinks, which would you pick? And if you're in the mood for someplace lively, fun and even a bit boisterous, where would you go?

#23628 - 03/25/05 02:54 AM Re: Nerja questions
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
All the suggestions already made are valid, and yes, there are several English-owned bars and restaurants in Nerja - as well as those operated by a host of other nationalities! The Burriana Beach area has become a little community all on its own, with the established chiringuitos - like Ayo's and Moreno - joined by a range of restaurants across the road. Parking there is horrendous on busy days (esp. Sundays) so stroll down from the town centre or take a taxi. Some good recommendations on town centre restaurants already, to which I'll add Taverna de Pepe, close to Chispa's on c/Herrera Oria. Book if you want to eat between about 7.30 - 9.00, but better to have dinner later (when the tourists have gone home!) Try his Gambas Pil Pil - I think they're the best in town. Visit Frigiliana - 8 km to the north. The town has been spoiled by recent development but the old centre is still a "must". Then continue along the road towards Torrox and stop at one of the restuarnts for lunch and spectacular views down to the coast. Nerja Caves are also a "must" (takes 1-2 hours) then cross back under the motorway to the old part of Maro village. Some good tapas bars there. Plenty more things to do and places to try, and you won't starve because we have (allegedly) more places to eat here (per head of population) than anywhere else in Spain! Email me direct if you need more help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments