Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23006 - 05/27/04 01:57 PM Is there life outside Barcelona centre?
June Offline

Hi!

I´m going to spend 8 days in Barcelona -( I´ve read of course couple of these travellers guides), but does anybody have hints what places to visit outside "the centre and main tourist attractions" - I mean parts of town or another villages which are near enough ( maybe 150 km far away) and would be fun to go. Relaxing in Sitges beach? Going up to mountains? Eating an omelette, smoking a cigarette somewhere where you´d enjoyed being....................

#23007 - 06/03/04 06:40 PM Re: Is there life outside Barcelona centre?
Tullie Offline

Loc: Almachar, Malaga
Life outside Barcelona....Where do I start....The mountains, the villages, the towns or the beaches of the Costa Brava. And much less than 150kms. At that distance you will be in France!
By train to the Pyrenees, well pre-pyrenees. Beautiful countryside and eye opening train journey. Skiing in the season only 3hours from BCN.
You can even go to the end of the line ..in France and get the "yellow train" for a single guage three hour trip through the French Pyrenees to Villafranca de Confluent. Links to Toulouse and Paris.
There are some beautiful towns to visit north of BCN with a rich cultural heritage. Vic, Ripoll, Puigcerdà´,Churches, monasteries, cathedrals, major squares and lots of modernist architecture.

Then there are beautiful beaches and coves and costal walks try Calella de Palafrugell and La Franc. The town of Pals is lovely. Or try Port Lligat near Cadaques where there is the house of Salvador Dali which has been turned into a museum. You have to make resevations to visit, but visits can be conducted in English.

Just let me know if you want to go any where specific and I'll try to help.

Enjoy the rest of Catalunya.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments