Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22332 - 11/12/03 03:04 AM Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
schnapps Offline

Loc: essex england
can anyone help me my husband watched a programme on t,v channel 4 11/11/04 at 4pm about buying a house in spain.he tried to jot down the area because he said it was beutiful.the area he thinks was something like camp de ana pleco it was about 3 hours drive from the centre of madrid and a lake covered the only roman ruins in spain.now i know this is vague but i am sure there is someone out there might be able to help as we would like to buy a property there.
thanks for your time.
schnapps

#22333 - 11/12/03 05:32 AM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmmm... I'm afraid I don't have the answer but I'm sure someone will come up with it. Lake-covered Roman ruins 3-hours from Madrid, eh? I know there are lots of other Roman ruins in Spain but these you mention may well be the only ones covered by a lake.

Anyone?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22334 - 11/12/03 05:39 AM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
shnapps and MM

This is when you need Lazy Mark - a board member who was pretty active 18 months or so ago. He would have known for definite I'm sure. I wonder if he still lurks?

I think I may still be able to contact him, so I'll have a go and get back to you if I find out anything.

PS - aren't those programmes addictive?

Nope, sorry, I e-mailed Lazy (Mark_S) , but my message was returned as account not active frown

Maybe Barry can help???? BARRRRYYY?

But I have found this ... MONUMENTOS EN HISPANIA on another post.

And A PLACE IN THE SUN WEB PAGE

And ... To hear details of the properties in each programme you can call the A Place in the Sun information line on 09064 700 414 Calls cost 60p per minute, mobile call costs may vary

Good luck.

Jo

#22335 - 11/12/03 07:56 AM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My mates at work don't know any submerged ruins, besides, a 360 KM (3 hours) radius is pretty wide.

EDIT:

Oooops! I blew it!

I found this link on some submerged ruins close to Navalmoral de la Mata (Cáceres, Extremadura):

Under "Ruinas Romanas de Augustóbriga"

Info in English

More (spanish)

More

Or you can make a search for "Augustobriga ruins" to obtain results in English.

smile

#22336 - 11/12/03 07:39 PM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

[originally posted by schnapps, Junior Member, Member # 4016, on 11-12-2003 04:18 PM]

thank you very much for your replies they are much appreciated.this is probably the best site i have come across that is not full of junk and filth.it is very informative and very helpful keep up the good work and i shall certainly use again.thanks to you all once again

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22337 - 11/13/03 12:47 PM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Could it be Mérida? There is a wonderful theatre festival there every summer held in the Roman ruins.

The website is http://www.festivaldemerida.com/

best of luck -

churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#22338 - 11/13/03 02:45 PM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
There is a wonderful theatre festival there every summer held in the Roman ruins.
Sooo.... this festival takes place underwater? My goodness! Must be tough portraying Hamlet wearing scuba gear and talking through all those bubbles. wink

#22339 - 11/13/03 04:54 PM Re: Roman Ruins 3-hrs from Madrid?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Well, it has to be, as Ignacio says, Augustobriga. That’s on the road from Madrid to Caceres/Merida, beside Navalmoral de la Mata. The reservoir of Valdecañas submerged a group of Roman temples in Bohonal de Ibor. If you want to get some pretty pictures of the region, type embalse valdecañas (embalse means reservoir as does pantano) into google and you’ll get whisked off to some Extremadura tourism websites. As far as househunting is concerned you are in luck - it’s a cheap region for house prices

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments