Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22031 - 05/25/03 03:32 AM Toledo: Searching for Tourist Office
Eli99 Offline

Loc: Israel
We are planning to spend 2-3 in Toldeo during September. We are interested in the Jewish heritage & history of the city. I would like to contact the tourist office to enquire about the process of some restorations (e.g. Sinagoga del Transito), to make sure that major attractions will not be closed during the time of our visit. I could not find the fax number or the email address of the tourist office (only the telephone number, but as I don't speak Spanish I'd rather ask them in writing). Please HELP!

#22032 - 05/25/03 07:46 AM Re: Toledo: Searching for Tourist Office
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Eli99

Hmm, can't find it either ... all I could find was this:

Quote:
t o l e d o

Tourist Information

Useful addresses (Area Dialing Code: 925)
Dirección General de Turismo de la Junta de Castilla-La Mancha.
Cuesta del Alcázar, 5, 3º.
Tel: 25 21 99. Fax:25 20 99.

Toledo Tourist Information Office.
Puerta de Bisagra s/n.
Tel: 22 08 43.

Toledo Municipal Tourist Board.
Tel: 25 40 30

Maybe you could fax the first one (Dirección General de Turismo de la Junta de Castilla-La Mancha) and see if you get anywhere.

It looks like the website for the Toledo Tourist Info hasn't been updated for about 6 years, so maybe they now have e-mail and fax but the site has not yet been updated with this information. Maybe the Castilla-La Mancha people could pass it onto you if they do ....?

Jo

#22033 - 05/25/03 10:01 AM Re: Toledo: Searching for Tourist Office
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's true. There's nothing more frustrating than to arrive in a city you've been looking forward to visiting only to find one of the most prominent sights is closed/covered for renovations. rolleyes Ugh! This happened to me last month with the Alcázar in Toledo.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22034 - 05/27/03 03:52 PM Re: Toledo: Searching for Tourist Office
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I was in Toledo at the end of March. The Sinagoga de Transito was indeed closed for renovations. I forget what the prognosis was for re-opening. The main Tourist Info Office is in the square below the Alcazar where all the buses from the train station stop.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments