Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21800 - 03/10/03 04:24 PM Semana Santa in Sevilla
SFY Offline

Loc: Filadelfia
I'm going to be in Sevilla right before Semana Santa for language school. Is it worth staying one extra day (on 13 April) for the first day of Semana Santa or would it be better to get out of Sevilla before things get crazed? cool

#21801 - 03/10/03 09:27 PM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
I think you should stay to see the beginning of Semana Santa. It really is a wonderful experience. I will be in Sevilla that day (Sunday, April 13) then I'm off to Madrid on Monday.

#21802 - 03/10/03 10:16 PM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Man-oh-Man. If you have an opportunity see more of Semana Santa in Sevilla DO IT. My ladyfriend (from Madrid) and I spent the entire week in Sevilla (actually sleeping in nearby town Alcalá de Guadaira and bussed in) and have the most wonderful time. Everyone was so smartly dressed, even the children. Do it if you can!!! You'll be glad you did!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21803 - 03/14/03 07:20 AM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Oh this is getting me super excigted!! I am gonig to be in Semana Santa at the end of the week (Thurs morning-Sun morning). I cant wait!! Ever since I started studying spanish back in Jr High (Im now a sophmore in college), I have wanted to gto to Sevilla for Semana Santa!! Anybody have any advice on making the most of it? How is the best way to find out about whats going on, when and where this week?? Only about a month away!!! laugh
Kelly

#21804 - 03/14/03 08:28 AM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
FredMaine Offline

There is a free magazine El Giraldillo available at most kiosks. This will tell you what is happening in Sevilla. Also if you want to meet other students you should go to Plaza Alfalfa and Plaza del Salvador. Both places are a big party zone. You will fall in love with Sevilla. --Fred

#21805 - 03/14/03 11:13 AM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

excuse me
but what has happened to leonese traditions?!
isnt the el giraldillo a dance in the province of leon?why is it taken as a sevilla hotel name.
why is leonese culture taken as **** in spain?
they dont even have there own region which prior to 1983 included zamora and salamanca.now its only a little region near asturias and galicia.
when i watch spanish t.v. the only thing i see about leon is el bierzo like ponferrada and villafranca.what about the mysterious maragateria or sahagun or even leon.gees is the spanish goverment retarted or something. mad eek cool

#21806 - 03/14/03 10:58 PM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
FredMaine Offline

HUH???

#21807 - 03/15/03 09:06 AM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

oops
th leonese dance is the JIRALDILLA NOT the JIRALDILLO.so the hotel wasnt necessarily dissing leonese culture by copying the name of the dance for there own name.
oh well
oh man oh man oh man manman
i guess i got lighten up on these posts to reasonable limit,no?
oh and please do not mistaken me for a lonese nationalist.
im not leonese.i just happen to defend spanish regions when i THINK they have had some problems.
i also meantioned the goverment in this,only because i noticed that certain regions with problems always and i do mean always blaim it on the goverment

hasta luego
see ya dude

#21808 - 03/15/03 12:17 PM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
fmiketheman, you definitely need to lighten up! wink

and where did you get the idea that el giraldillo was the name of a HOTEL in sevilla? i believe the poster was referring to a tourism MAGAZINE?

el giraldillo has special meaning for the sevillanos because it is the name for the small statue you see atop LA GIRALDA (the bell tower) at the Cathedral.

just passing on some información!

sarita laugh

#21809 - 03/15/03 08:03 PM Re: Semana Santa in Sevilla
fmiketheman Offline

laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments