Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21748 - 02/26/03 06:31 PM Girona
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
I'll be in Barcelona for 4 days and was thinking about making a day trip to Girona. Good or bad idea? I understand that it's relatively easy to get there by bus. Is it worth dedicating a whole or half day to Girona, and for that matter, should I go, or just spend 4 days in Barcelona? By the way, this will be at the end of March.

#21749 - 03/25/03 09:19 PM Re: Girona
balanceok Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK USA
Its been many years since I've been to Girona, but I would definitely make a day trip out of this. Girona is a beautiful city and well worth the effort.

Take the train rather than the bus.

#21750 - 03/25/03 09:59 PM Re: Girona
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I actually spent 2 nights and one full day in Girona last September. It was a beautiful city with a very well preserved old quarter. It was absolutely charming. The cathedral was incredible. I'm not a big city person so this was an ideal place for me. I actually arrived in Girona with friends by car. They were only staying one night and leaving early the next morning. Within an hour of arriving in Girona I just knew I couldn't leave the next day so I bid my friends farewell and stayed on my own. I took the train back to Barcelona and it was very easy. I'd definately recommend at least a full day here. If you're into nightlife it's not exactly a wild town but there are things to do.

If you decide to visit Girona, let me know and I'll dig up my information on restaurants/tapas and hotels (if needed). laugh

#21751 - 03/27/03 11:05 AM Re: Girona
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I would agree that Girona, together with the small seaside town of Sitges to the south, are worthwhile day or half-day trips from Barcelona. However, if you're already in Girona, you're only about 30 miles from the small town of Roses, though I'm not sure what public transport is available from Girona to Roses. What's in Roses? Well, arguably just one of the best restaurants in all of Spain. It's called EL BULLI and many people have raved about this restaurant. See http://www.elbulli.com and for a review visit http://www.foodtourist.com/FTGuide/Content/I432.htm

Having dinner at El Bulli would be a great way to end a day trip to Girona, assuming you can get there by public transport, though you probably have to make a reservation well in advance.

#21752 - 05/07/03 04:39 AM Re: Girona
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
has nyone got any info on girona cos im going to be going there for 9 months to study very soon and need some info of any sort.

thanks
e

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 927 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments