Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20615 - 04/11/02 09:47 PM A good time, had by all!
Californio Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Just a few words to express how much of a good time we had visiting Spain. We were in Madrid for 4 days and in Barcelona for 3. My daughter had come to the conclusion that there is not one GROUCHY person in the whole of Madrid. Thanks to all who post here, this board made our trip so smooth and painless.

#20616 - 04/12/02 12:47 AM Re: A good time, had by all!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
No grouchies except for Fernando when one of MadridMan's parties ends before 2:00 a.m. laugh He's the buho!

#20617 - 04/12/02 09:34 AM Re: A good time, had by all!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Californio, I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful time in Spain. One can often encounter "GROUCHIES" in bars, restaurants, and even in stores throughout Spain. Spaniards aren't "programmed" to give insincere smiles as we "Americans" are. It seems you were receptive to the differences in cultures and you appreciated them. This is important in a person who visits any new country.

CaliBasco, NONE of the MadridMan parties ends before 4am! At least not the last couple (but I usually leave at 3am).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20618 - 04/12/02 03:28 PM Re: A good time, had by all!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
2 o'clock in the morning? That is too early for me wink

In the MM v 3.0 I stayed until 6 o'clock in the morning, and there were still people who stayed until later hours (half past seven I think).

What is a "grouchy" by the way?

Californio, I'm glad you had a good time smile

Fernando

#20619 - 04/12/02 05:02 PM Re: A good time, had by all!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
A grouchy would be akin to an "hombre de mal genio" or someone who just is grumpy. ¿No has visto el Barrio Sésamo? El tipo Oscar en inglés se le llama "the grouch"...

And Fernando, we know you're the buho...y que no te metes a dormir antes de las seis de la madrugada si hay fiesta... laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments