Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20562 - 03/30/02 03:29 PM Help for my itinerary and fun friendly hostels
geny Offline

Loc: Montreal
I just bought my plane tickets. I will be landing in Madrid at the end of May and I am leaving from Lisbon on June 9th. So, I have about 20 days... The thing is that I have already been in Spain and Portugal. Here are the places I saw: Barcelona, Sevilla, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba, Lisbon, Sintra, Lagos, Sagres...

So, I need your help on what I should see now. I like places like Cinque Terre, Costa Amalfitana, Cesky Krumlov,Dubrovnik... So, I like big cities, but I prefer quiet and gorgeous small places.

Any suggestions? I would also like to spend a few days at the beach. But I heard that Costa del Sol is definetly not the best place. What about San Sebastian or Costa Blanca?

And, as I am travelling alone, I would like to be in places where I can meet people. Any tips on hostals, places to see are more than welcome...

Thanks

#20563 - 04/08/02 07:56 PM Re: Help for my itinerary and fun friendly hostels
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I suggest that you add San Sebastian to your itinerary, as it looks like you've seen the south. Spend some time going back from San Sebastian to Galicia, and then down to Lisbon for departure. You may even want to consider walking the Camino de Santiago de Compostela (pick it up in Pamplona and head west...). It's well-marked, accomodations are cheap, and you will definitely meet all sorts of people at that time of year.

Of course this may require an overhaul of what you're packing, etc., but as long as you pick up a pilgrim's credential at a cathedral, you will be able to stay for seriously peanuts as you travel with others across the countryside, exploring churches along the way. I'll know more about this at the end of May, as I'm leaving 5/2 to do the camino myself, but check this board and your local search engine for additional information.

And be SURE to include Santiago de Compostela on your list of don't-miss stops. Just ask MadridMan...he's no doubt captivated already after just one trip!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments