Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20163 - 01/18/02 10:34 AM Warm enough to swim in May?
ladybugsea Offline

Loc: Boston
Just how warm is Spain in May, particularly Southern Spain? How about the ocean temperature? It would be great if I were able to swim in the Mediterranean for the first time! I would probably venture to do so, despite the cold, but it would be nice if it were an enjoyable experience!

Thanks!

#20164 - 01/18/02 01:03 PM Re: Warm enough to swim in May?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It is usually too cold in that time of the year. However, it is not rare to have some summer-like days.

I think that if you really like to swim in the Mediterranean Sea despite it is a little bit cold you won't have any problem.

Fernando

#20165 - 01/18/02 05:01 PM Re: Warm enough to swim in May?
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
According to USA Today's weather almanac, the average high temperature in May is 74, in Malaga. The record high is 91.

I was there the first week of April last year and the temperatures were unseasonaably high around 80. The beaches were quite crowded with tourists.

Good luck with the weather this May.

#20166 - 01/19/02 11:21 AM Re: Warm enough to swim in May?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Monique writes:
Quote:

Just how warm is Spain in May, particularly Southern Spain? How about the ocean temperature? It would be great if I were able to swim in the Mediterranean for the first time! I would probably venture to do so, despite the cold, but it would be nice if it were an enjoyable experience!

I've suffered with 95 Farenheit in Sevilla in early April. My 1st trip to Torremolinos was in May: weather was nice but the water was cold (12 or 13 Celsius) eek Like you I wanted to swim in the Mediterranean, so I just did it! eek
Unfortunately, the Mediterranean suffers from a great deal of pollution: it doesn't have the circulation like the Atlantic; but if it's one of your life's ambitions, go for it! rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments