Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19565 - 06/26/01 07:20 AM diferencias de zonas centro de madrid
SSFin Offline

Loc: Finland
You guys who have lived/live in Madrid, what areas you prefer to live in or what are the differencies between the areas? I would prefer a lively place that has still some quite parks etc., good services like supermarkets and a good gym really close by, without forgetting the nightlife. (and it cannot take more than half-hour to Ciudad Universitaria by subway)

/I would preciate any help/

-S

#19566 - 06/26/01 01:03 PM Re: diferencias de zonas centro de madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
You might consider Argüelles. rolleyes

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#19567 - 06/26/01 02:29 PM Re: diferencias de zonas centro de madrid
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
When I studied at the University I lived in the Arguelles/Moncloa area. Back in those days the metro didn't go directly to the facultades and we had to hoof it in (or take the tranvía). If you are attending the University, I'd make getting to class a top priority since you will probably prefer to roll out of bed just a bit before class starts and not worry about a long metro ride. Nightlife will not be confined to the neighborhood you live in...Madrid really is your NEIGHBORHOOD, so unless you were thinking of living at the very end of metro lines, your half hour commute for nightlife would not be a problem. I'm afraid I can't tell you about the gym situation, and I paid for room and board, so I didn't need to shop for food!

#19568 - 06/26/01 10:03 PM Re: diferencias de zonas centro de madrid
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Moncloa and Arguelles are good, and if money is not a problem, you may want to look at the area around Pintor Rosales, close to the Parque Oeste, or around the Retiro Park, probably on the northern side, close to the Salamanca neighborhood. The area around Plaza España may be worth looking at as well.

#19569 - 07/05/01 10:10 PM Re: diferencias de zonas centro de madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi! I live in Madrid, so I know quite well the areas. I will just tell you which are the best, more peaceful and well located.

As the other told you you may consider Argüelles or Moncloa, which are very near to Ciudad Universitaria.

Other good zones are:
Hortaleza
Ciudad Lineal
Chamartín
Salamanca

Have a nice staying here!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments