Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19434 - 06/03/01 02:54 PM one day in Madrid
anechka Offline

Loc: USA
I will be passing through Madrid at the end of July. Any ideas on what to see in that one day that I will be there? Thanks

#19435 - 06/08/01 12:23 PM Re: one day in Madrid
Gurley12 Offline

Loc: Holt, MI 48842
If the weather is nice I would HIGHLY recommend you pack a lunch and picnic in Retiro Park. It is beautiful! It was recommended to me when I went back in March and I actually chose it as the place to propose to my now fiance. Enjoy your trip.

#19436 - 06/08/01 07:42 PM Re: one day in Madrid
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
My suggestion if you have time is either the Prado or the tour at the Palacio Real, followed by a stop at Plaza Mayor for some people watching. A combination of these two should feed your mind & your soul. Enjoy!

#19437 - 06/09/01 12:16 AM Re: one day in Madrid
katieb Offline

Loc: USA
I would also recommend the Plaza Mayor for some late night people watching and some Sangria! Last summer they had a beautiful orchestra playing every night. Also, check out Calle de Cuchilleros off the Plaza Mayor for some great tapas bars built into the caves.

#19438 - 06/11/01 01:20 PM Re: one day in Madrid
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
If you have only one day I would recommend the Madrid Vision tour bus, this way you will get to see all the main sights even if you do not get time to actually visit them. They are running from 9am to midnight at that time of year.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments