Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19428 - 06/02/01 04:11 PM ibiza???
Lindsaywmoore Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Hello... Just curious about how many of you have been to ibiza. I'm planning to go for a few days this summer & wanted to get some opinions on where/ when/ how... Where should I stay? When should I go (week/ weekend?)? and how should i get there? if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! lindsay

#19429 - 06/11/01 09:29 AM Re: ibiza???
Shimano Offline

The island is tiny, so if you have a car you can really go anywhere you like. I would suggest you to avoid San Antonio, which is full of drunken brits.
If you have the chance to rent a boat don't doubt it. It's unbelieveable the huge number of hidden beaches you can find, and you can also travel to Menorca o Menorca within 3 or 4 hours (with an average vessel).
The night in Ibiza is just MAD, although I liked it more 5 years ago, with not that huge crowds, a frendier atmosphere and a nicer balearic beat. Now everything is more commercial, even MoS promotes parties at Pacha which are broadcasted by MTV. Tickets at the door of any club are really expensive, so try to buy them at the port in Eivissa.
Last advice: don't buy any pill. They are really dangerous and not funny any more. The summer of love ended almost 9 years ago.
Have fun!
P.S. If you have the chance rent a room at Hotel C'as Pla. It's a bit expensive but astonishingly romantic.

#19430 - 06/11/01 10:54 AM Re: ibiza???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Shimano, thank you SO much for your input on Ibiza. Many people ask about it here on the message board, but few have experience with this island. Thanks!! laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19431 - 06/11/01 01:26 PM Re: ibiza???
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Lyndsay. it depends on your age! my son who is 19 went last summer and the aim was to visit all the clubs. San Antonio is the clubbing capitol of Europe, so avoid this area if you are not into that kind of stuff.
The north of the island is more quiet and there is a small community of Hippy's there who make and sell an array of tourist type goods.

#19432 - 06/12/01 06:22 AM Re: ibiza???
Shimano Offline

Well, in my opinion the only good thing in San Antonio is the Cafe del Mar, famous for its sunshines and the nice quiet ambient they play. Apart from that, the city can be scary in the night, as I said because of the drunk young crowd (being the majority of them english). If you want nice clubs try Privilege or Amnesia (Km. 6.5 of the road between Eivissa and San Antonio); Pacha (by the port in Eivissa) or Space (by Embossa).
If you know any local you can always go to one of those "illegal secret parties" in the forest or hidden beaches. Anyway, what I personally prefer in the island is the loneliness of being in a quiet beach under a pine in the dusk.

#19433 - 06/23/01 11:26 AM Re: ibiza???
Raul_Madrid Offline

I have visited Ibiza many times and would recommend it to anyone.However unless you like the rowdy louts stay away from San Antonio.
The best town to stay in is Santa Eulalia del Rio(it hasn't really got a river anymore)but there are many very pleasant resorts scattered all over the island.
I hope you enjoy your visit.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments