Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19382 - 05/25/01 12:32 PM Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Adam Offline

Hi. We want to see the Alhambra in July. Any advice on seeing it? How long should we expect to stay there for? Is it bad to not get a really early start? Should we buy tickets ahead of time?

Thanks,
Adam

#19383 - 05/25/01 12:50 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hi Adam, a few tips for the Alhambra:
Yes, you must purchase tickets ahead of time to reserve your time for the palace rooms, tickets sell out in the summer, so buy a few days ahead of time...
I would try to get my time for the palace as early as possible before the tour buses arrive, and then spend the rest of the day strolling the grounds...mind you, it will be crowded no matter what time of day you go, but at least you will have gotten the scheduled part of the tour out of the way if you go early, and the possiblity of 100 less people isn't bad either...
And plan on about 5-6 hours to really see everything, stroll casually, and take in the vistas!!
Have fun, and don't forget to view the Alhambra from the Mirador de San Nicolas in the Albaicin, it is truly breathtaking!!! smile

#19384 - 05/26/01 02:54 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
I would definately recommend getting your tickets as soon as possible. I was going to wait till I arrived in Madrid, and purchase them at a BBV bank, since I would be in Spain about 1 week before going to Granada. On a whim, I checked availability the day of my flight, and the date I wanted to visit the Alhambra was all sold out! I was stuck going the previous evening at 6:30 in the evening. They close the gates at 8:00, so we were hurried and did not have time to visit the alcazar. We also weren't able to visit the parador. It was our intention to do so, and have a drink to relax some but we weren't alowed back in after 8:00. So please get your tickets as early as posible. Its really a simple process over the internet. Good Luck and enjoy!

#19385 - 05/28/01 11:59 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Norcross Offline

Great webpage regarding ordering Alhambra tix: http://granadainfo.com/ticketsalhambra.htm . In fact, the whole www.granadainfo.com site is a fantastic resource for tourists. wink Granada En la Red

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#19386 - 05/29/01 12:31 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
Alhambra tickets can now be purchased on line. This is a new service.

Go to www.alhambratickets.com

You can book from a day to a year in advance (but not for "today") but the only problem is that bookings can be made for a maximum of 5 people. If there are more than 5 in your party, you'd have to log on again and *hope*^you can get the same time-slot as first time!

As others have said, never ever assume you'll get in by simply turning up. You might, but chances are you won't.

#19387 - 05/29/01 12:42 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT INFO & LINKS, Norcross and davej!!! Thanks a bunch!!! laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19388 - 05/29/01 05:40 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hey, I posted the link to the Alhambra tickets online before davej.

You can see it here .

Some day people will also forget who was the first who talked about Google.com on this board frown

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#19389 - 05/29/01 05:47 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Antonio

I will never forget laugh - your hints and tips on searching with Google have saved me literally hours! cool

Jo-Anne

#19390 - 06/01/01 06:31 PM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Tia Offline

I booked my Alhambra-ticket on the internet and there is one more advantage: there is a separate queue to pick up the tickets = you can enjoy the lovely view to Albaicín instead of standing in the line... Just don´t forget to take your passport and a copy of the reservation with you. You must enter the Palacio Nazaries within the time (half an hour) that is written in your ticket but then you can stay as long as you like. Best time to visit is early in the morning (less tourists and the sun is not burning). Enjoy, tiajohanna

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]

#19391 - 06/06/01 05:48 AM Re: Tips on seeing the Alhambra
Rafael Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
So you are talking about the Alhambra in Granada. When I was in highschool I learned about the Alhambra in Sevilla, and when I went to Toledo I founded another Alhambra.
How many Alhambras are there in Spain?
And where is the most important?

Rafael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments