Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19233 - 04/26/01 06:47 PM Day trips from Marbella?
betharita Offline

Loc: Sebring, Fl
Will be in Marbella from May 12 to May 19...what are the best four or five day trips to take from here? We don't mind a bit of drive for one or two of them. There are so many good choices on this board but I'm not sure how far some of them are from Marbella. Thanks? smile

#19234 - 05/02/01 08:59 AM Re: Day trips from Marbella?
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
1. Ronda

An absolute "must" and only about an hour north.

2. Gibraltar

Not everyone's cup of tea, but lots of history and I guess worth one visit. About and hour west.

3. Málaga city

Usually overlooked but well worth a day out. About half an hour east.

4. "White villages"

Plenty of them. Buy a map and plan a round trup when you get there.

5. Granada

A bit further - probably 2 hours from Marbella, maybe a bit more. But The Alhambra Palace and the Generalife Gardens are stunning. The city itself is one of my favourites.

6. Nerja

Probably 90 minutes east of Marbella, but worth the drive ... because you can buy me a gin & tonic when you get here!

Hope this helps!

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: davej ]

#19235 - 05/02/01 10:00 AM Re: Day trips from Marbella?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I'd also go to Estepona...and perhaps Gaucin and Casares (perhaps included in the white village "tour").

#19236 - 05/03/01 01:18 PM Re: Day trips from Marbella?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
betharita, http://www.Andalucia.com should help you find information about the suggestions of davej and Carole Chiaro. Have a great time!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#19237 - 05/07/01 04:33 PM Re: Day trips from Marbella?
betharita Offline

Loc: Sebring, Fl
Thanks Madridman for everything but especially the Andalucia.com. That's a great site! I leave in less than 48 hours! laugh cool

#19238 - 06/19/01 05:23 PM Re: Day trips from Marbella?
June22nd Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
My husband and I just returned from Spain having spent 4 nights in Marbella. We also rented a car and drove to Ojen and Mijas (on the same day) - two beautiful white villages less than 30 minutes from Marbella. Mijas is where we spent most of our time and if you are in the market for a leather purse, this is THE place to buy one - great prices and selection.
We drove over the mountain to Ronda for dinner one night and wished we had spent more time there.

The drives up into the mountains are absolutely spectacular - I felt sorry for my husband who was doing all the driving and couldn't enjoy the scenery as much as me!
Puerto Banus was an interesting place - yachts, beautiful stores, lots of cafes along the water, and TONS of great bars and pubs!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 816 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments