Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19139 - 03/30/01 04:01 PM 12 days: madrid, barcelona plus .... what? help!
gsealey Offline

Loc: new york, ny usa
I am going to Spain for the first time at the end of May. Can't wait. My flight is into Barcelona because it was more affordable than Madrid(by at least $200).

I have come up with 3 possible itineraries
Plan A:

1. Fly to Barcelona, take a flight right away to Madrid and spend four days (with a side trip to Segovia and/or Toledo).
2. Then take the AVE to Cordoba and/or Seville, then go to Granada. (4 days)
3. Then take an overnight train or plane back to Barcelona from Granada for the final 3 or 4 days.

Or Plan B:

Changing leg 2 of the trip to renting a car and driving around the areas within a couple hours of Madrid, such as Segovia, Toledo, Avila, Aranjuez, Siguenza, Almagro for example.

Then flying back to Barcelona from Madrid ...

Or Plan C:

Changing leg 2 of the trip to driving back to Barcelona, stopping at various places along the way.

Any suggestions? I am wondering if I should just save Andalucia for a whole trip in itself some other time ....

#19140 - 03/30/01 06:53 PM Re: 12 days: madrid, barcelona plus .... what? help!
Guapetona Offline

12 days is enough to see Barcelona, Madrid and one southern city pretty well if you give yourself 3 days for each city. Now you still have enough days left for the travel time to/from and any stops along the way between your three points.

Have a great time!

#19141 - 03/31/01 11:09 AM Re: 12 days: madrid, barcelona plus .... what? help!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I vote for a modified 'Plan A:' Take AVE to Sevilla and pick up a rental car at estación Santa Justa (Avis has a location there). Drive to Granada (4-days is a bit much for Granada); drop off the car back in Sevilla. 2-days in Sevilla and then take a flight to Barcelona for your return (more flights for that route than Granada-BCN). You could actually catch an early AM Barcelona flight and connect with your Transatlantic return.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments