Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190 - 07/23/00 07:23 PM Hostal in Granada wanted
PatM Offline

Loc: Maryland
We would appreciate recommendations of hostales in Granada. The guide book recommends the hotels Guadalupe and Macia Plaza -- does anyone know them? Thank you.

#191 - 07/23/00 10:54 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mary Offline

Loc: California USA
I stayed at the Macia this past May, and would highly recommend, right on Plaza Nueva. We stayed in a room with both air conditioning and a good size bathroom. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. They also serve a buffet breakfast for about 700 ptas. It's in a great location, just at the bottom of the hill to the Alhambra, and the bus to take you up to the Alhambra is right across the street.

#192 - 07/24/00 07:26 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
PatM Offline

Thanks for the input, Mary. How much was the room?

Pat

#193 - 07/24/00 11:34 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mary Offline

I believe we paid about $55.00 US for a double room. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is now. But it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
If you happen to have a rental car, the parking lot is about 3 blocks away, and I believe we paid $10.00 for 24 hours.

[This message has been edited by mary (edited 07-24-2000).]

#194 - 07/25/00 11:51 AM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi PatM! While I STILL haven't visited Granada YET(!!), I did do a little research for someone looking for hostels/hostales in Granada and was surprised to find about 4 with websites! I think I found them through Yahoo! and also http://www.hotelsearch.com .
Best of luck and enjoy Granada!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#195 - 07/31/00 01:28 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mimijac Offline

Hi,

i haven't been to Granada yet, but i will go in november... The guidebook i use (Le Routard-french book) says that although Plaza Nueva is very central it is also the place where local young people go to drink alcool (they can buy it close and then go there to party...) So just that you know!!

As for myself, i will probably stay at hostal Zacatin (on calle Zacatin near the Cathedral and the market) the prices range from 3000ptas to 4200ptas for doubles. Near the Alhambra, the guide recommends Hostal Venecia on cuesta Gomerez they say the lady is nice and the rooms nicely decorated...the bathroom is communal for around 3000ptas !

Hope this helps, let us know where to end up for the night !!!

#196 - 07/31/00 01:31 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mimijac Offline

oups forgot to tell you that they rate hostal Macia nicely. They put it in the 'chic' catégory around 8400 pts. Htey say rooms are spacious, luminous and have double windows which should help with the noise coming from plaza nueva !

#197 - 07/31/00 08:41 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
PatM Offline

Thanks, mimijac -- your guidebook didn't happen to give an e-mail for Macia, did it? Mine doesn't show one. The price is OK and the evaluation sounds very good -- we do want a private bath.

#198 - 07/31/00 08:57 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mimijac Offline

no e-mail sorry,

tel: 958-22-75-36 and fax: 958-22-75-33

good luck ! Unfortunatly, Macia is not in my price range... if you happen to walk in front of the two hostal i mentionned.. keep me posted !!

thanks

#199 - 07/31/00 11:35 PM Re: Hostal in Granada wanted
mary Offline

Hi Pam, E-mail address for Macia is maciaplaza@maciahoteles.com. I had no problem with the noise. Ask for an inside room instead of one on the street. Plaza Nueva is a hangout for the young, but we had no problems. Actually it was quite intertaining. Pick up Rick Steeves'Spain and Portugal book. I believe if you show Macia the book, they will give you a 10% discount.

[This message has been edited by mary (edited 07-31-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
zurra, Computist, ChrisJL3471, bong leal70, traveler2020
7775 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MsWebWyz, November
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1259 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments