Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18948 - 03/08/01 01:44 AM Feria De Sevilla/Abril
chimatli Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hola,

I'm so glad to find such an informative site, I've been desperate for detailed information.

I'll be in Sevilla for the beginning of La Feria de Sevilla and I'm wondering if anyone out there can provide me with some tips to make my experience the most enjoyable possible. For instance, I've been told it's hard to get into casetas because you have to know people. But I've also heard groups like the CNT have open casetas that are quite fun. I'd appreciate any advice/comments.

Muchisimas gracias!

#18949 - 03/08/01 08:53 PM Re: Feria De Sevilla/Abril
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I haven't been to the Feria in Sevilla since the days of Franco, and certainly a lot has changed since then. You don't mention your gender or age. I suspect things haven't changed so much that if you are a youngish female, some caballero wouldn't invite you to join him for a copita. We were invited to several casetas...sometimes by the women we met while walking through the fair! We would ask if we could take their photographs because they looked so beautiful, then we'd start asking about the fair, their children, their horses... If you are friendly, polite, and curious and ask the right questions "I'm visiting from ..... Could I just take a look inside so I can tell my students/friends about this fair?" I'm sure you'll get invited in!

#18950 - 03/10/01 09:49 AM Re: Feria De Sevilla/Abril
Guapetona Offline

Unfortunately, the fair is about who you know. However, once it gets late most people are too tipsy to control who enters. SO that being said around 3 AM you shouldn't have a problem getting into a caseta.
Anyway, calle del infierno is fun until then. Drink wine and get on the montana rusa until you can get into the caseta.

#18951 - 03/10/01 05:40 PM Re: Feria De Sevilla/Abril
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
There are a number of casetas that are open to the public as well as rpivate ones, oned by socios(business parters, family, etc..)
The Communist party's caseta was a lot of fun. Make friends with a Sevillano/a and you'll be set!

#18952 - 03/11/01 10:06 PM Re: Feria De Sevilla/Abril
chimatli Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions. From your experiences it sounds like a good time can be had by all. I can hardly wait!

#18953 - 03/13/01 09:50 AM Re: Feria De Sevilla/Abril
Heidi_jl Offline

When is La Feria de Sevilla ?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments