Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#184 - 07/21/00 01:56 PM Hostel Chelo: Madrid
wbyneo Offline

THe first experience you get in Hostel Chelo is the homeliness and hospitality shown by this wonderful family. We got more than just paying for a nice place to stay in, we made friends.

The location is good around GranVia area which to me is very central and the rooms are very neat and airy. Wonderful help from host on places of interest, transport and food, etc. And with plans for refurbishment, the place can only get better.

For pple who like me just pack and go, this is the place to book early to ensure vacancy. If Madrid is on my list again, Chelo is the place I'll be staying at. What better choice. Thank you Hostel Chelo for making Madrid memorable.

#185 - 07/21/00 02:33 PM Re: Hostel Chelo: Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Antonio! Is that you posing as wbyneo??? Hehehee... Just kidding. I have received one or two emails of positive feedback about Hostal Chelo myself. Their "new-ness" to the internet market of Madrid Hostels is wearing off and the good reports are starting to roll in. Keep up the good work, Hostal Chelo/Antonio, and your number of reservations will GREATLY increase. I'll be visiting Hostal Chelo in October and will give everyone MadridMan's own personal review (always honest and thorough).

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 07-21-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#186 - 09/24/00 09:59 AM Re: Hostel Chelo: Madrid
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Hostal Chelo has exceeded my expectations. The family has given me outstanding insights into planning my days. It is obvious that Antonio´s wealth of information is shared by the other members of his family, as his mother and father are very considerate and informative to their guets. The Hostal I spent my first night at was less eager to assist guests, but the famed Hostal Chelo serves thier clients well.

#187 - 09/24/00 10:43 AM Re: Hostel Chelo: Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HI SHAWN!!!!! So you loved Hostal Chelo , eh? I'm not at all surprised. It is quickly becoming one of the best hostels/hostales in Madrid. QUESTION: Are you speaking to Antonio & Family in Spanish or in English? Did you find the room quiet or noisy? Did you have a street-view room or an interior room? How did you feel about the surroundings? Safe? Busy? We want to know and I want to know for myself since I'll be spending one night there in October. I can't wait! I already fully expect Hostal Chelo to be one of my favorite hostels of the 7 I'll try while in Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#188 - 09/25/00 07:50 AM Re: Hostel Chelo: Madrid
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Questions, questions, and more questions,

Vale,

I have been speeaking( trying to speak) Spanish at all times. Accordingly, I have spoken to Antonio and his family exclusively in Spanish; however, I have heard Antonio assist other guests in English. But, my attitude is quite simple, " When in Rome, do as the Romans" and in this case I am in Madrid and am trying do as the Madrileños. As for the room, the first night I spent was an interior room, so it was rather quiet, then again plenty of cañas from a terrific little mesón in La Latina makes for a sound sleep. Madrid is safe, much safer than any large city in the States. All of Madrid seems to be a buzz at all times, so the area around Hostal Chelo is lively, but not overwelming.

Saludos de Madrid

#189 - 10/07/00 10:22 PM Re: Hostel Chelo: Madrid
Eric Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MA USA
I just got back from Spain. I spent 3 nights at the Hostal Chelo and had a wonderful time and experience!

Antonio and his family are very nice. Lots of smiles and very helpful.

The location turned out to be superb. I walked EVERYWHERE I went. The Prado was within a 15min walk, and the bars on Huertas were about the same distance or so. I even walked home from those bars at 3:30/4 am alone, and felt safe all the way back to my room.

And there's a new, large internet-cafe that just opened nearby.

My room was clean and more than adequate. I had my own bathroom! It was nice and quiet, so I got sleep when I needed it. And I knew my stuff was safe in my room as I explored Madrid. And the rate was very low for all this!

I missed Madrid as I was checking-out and will definitely go back to Hostal Chelo next year. I recommend it! I must thank you MadridMan and this site for making me aware of the Hostal Chelo.

------------------

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments