Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18874 - 02/19/01 03:24 PM Trips around Santiago de Compostela
hawhite Offline

I can't wait to visit Santiago de Compostela in a few weeks. I'm going to go to Burgos then Leon then end up in S de C. I'm sure there are lots of lovely towns around this city and was wondering what people would recommend visiting.

#18875 - 02/19/01 03:32 PM Re: Trips around Santiago de Compostela
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
How long will you be in Santiago? Here are some suggestions: La Corunya is only an hr. away, and buses leave every hour from the bus station. It's a great compact city, on the coast, worth seeing. Right near Santiago is Padron, a lovely little town, where a famous poet lived (Rosalia de Castro). From Santiago you can also zip over to Pontevedra or Cambados, also lovely towns. If you are adventuresome and really want to see the end of the world, take a bus to Finesterre (Fisterra), the final point of land on the Spanish shore. Try browsing http://www.galinor.es for tourist info

#18876 - 02/19/01 09:15 PM Re: Trips around Santiago de Compostela
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'll be doing the same next year...envy thy name is CaliBasco:

La Coruña is good, but urban. If you get out to the Torre de Hércules, it's a little more quiet. The torre is a 2nd C. lighthouse.

We've visited the Pazo de Oca, which is a small manor house (it kind of reminded me of a Gallego Versailles, only much smaller, much more wooded, and WAY less crowded. We were the only ones there the last time I went, and that was in the summer...Here's some info: http://www.webalia.com/viajes/galicia4.html
It's definitely worth the side trip. There's even a stone boat that floats in the back garden area.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments