Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17967 - 09/07/00 01:14 PM Garden + Zoo + Parco + Mercato
mikica Offline

I have few more question about places I would like to see. So, I need some explanation from you people where are those places. First, I saw somewhere picture of Botanical Garden inside of old train station. Where is this ? Then, there is advertisement on metro station about Zoo & Aquarium Parc together with entertainment (I don´t know the name in english, but this is like a train that goes round and around, people scream... - I hope you knwo what I mean). And finally, where is some nice market with cheap things (clothes, shoes...).
Thanks to everybody who respond.

#17968 - 09/07/00 01:34 PM Re: Garden + Zoo + Parco + Mercato
Brian Goldthorp Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The garden is in Atocha train station, which should be on any city map.

#17969 - 09/07/00 01:36 PM Re: Garden + Zoo + Parco + Mercato
Brian Goldthorp Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Roller coaster! Enjoy it!

#17970 - 09/07/00 03:31 PM Re: Garden + Zoo + Parco + Mercato
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
The mercado you are talking about is the rastro. Watch for pickpockets! As for the parque de atraciones (amusement park), ach, seen one, seen em all, that the one in Madrid isn't particularly impressive. Walk around different neighborhoods. Rend a boat in the retiro-- more fun!

#17971 - 09/09/00 11:37 AM Re: Garden + Zoo + Parco + Mercato
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
The flora in Atocha station is qutie magnificient. There seems to be no real purpose for it other than it looks great and is very pleasant to sit in.
The amusement park and the zoo are fairly close together and easy to get to on the metro (line 10,batan stop)However,the metro there is closed for a while for repairs and you need to take the bus that is replacing it at the moment.Your metro ticket is valid and the bus runs very frequently.
Some people have strong views on zoo's but I must say I greatly enjoyed my visit recently and would recommend it.
If you walk from batan station to the zoo watch out for the prostitutes who hang around in the middle of the park outside all day long in their underwear touting quite forcefully.. I found it quite unbelievable that this sort of thing was tolerated in a park in broad daylight next to a place that is full of families, but there you go..

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments