Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17785 - 07/17/00 09:21 PM Re: Toledo
Lola Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Hi, Hope I haven;t missed your trip to Toldeo. It is fabulous, I have been many times. The people are great, the food is great, and so much to do and see. Enjoy!!

#17786 - 07/18/00 01:22 PM Re: Toledo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
real_megia/Group, at about what time (generally) do the day-trip tours leave from Madrid to Toledo? Return time? In October, I hope to take one of the guided tours (in English) and report back to you all about its quality/thoroughness.

The first time I visited Toledo in 1995 was a kind of self-guided tour with a ladyfriend, but it was hardly thorough, just walked around, saw the cathedral, and had lunch before the evening's Semana Santa (Holy Week) processions.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17787 - 07/18/00 01:56 PM Re: Toledo
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you take the bus to Toledo you may miss one of the most memorable rail stations you can imagine - also, Taberna RuAn across the street from the station where my son said he got the best bocadillo de jamón he ever tasted.
Toledo is also famous for its Mazapán.

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 07-18-2000).]

#17788 - 07/18/00 02:22 PM Re: Toledo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Eddie, that's tempting. But this time around I'm more interested in the guided tours in order to review them. I'll be taking others in Madrid (and hopefully we ALL know I don't need any tour of Madrid to get acquainted with the city! ). Maybe I'll have to make a special trip to have that ham sandwich though. hehee.. Sounds GREAT!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17789 - 07/27/00 11:10 PM Re: Toledo
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
MadridMan,

hello! long time no post for me...

first of all i apologize for not answering your question much sooner, work has been HEAVY lately, and even tho i am a web programmer i just have not had time to visit my favourite site, MadridMan.com, por supuesto!! all apologies...

to offer my "duro"(cinco pelas), i want to say that i don't know much about the day tours to Toledo. the most i've done from Madrid is to catch the bus from Moncloa station, or the sepulvedana (near palos de la frontera metro), and ride down... my experience in Toledo has always been with friends and on excursion over to Toledo from Ciudad Real and Infantes, so i'm sorry i can't help you more...

One thing i do know is that you are very resourceful and WILL find the best tour to tell us about!! does that help??

muchísima suerte, MadidMan! eres cojonudo y estoy seguro de que vas a averiguar algo bueno.

ps>perdona el uso de un taco... normalmente no hablo asi, pero es que llevo mucho tiempo sin hablar castellano..

pps> otra cosa, creo que nos hace falta un buen website para <<Fiesta con MadridMan, version 2.0>>, no?? (asi se llamaba, no? la fiesta que tendra lugar en el bar brillante??) no voy a poder asistir, creo...

#17790 - 07/28/00 02:39 PM Re: Toledo
mimijac Offline

Wow !!!

Can't wait to get there... it's sounds great.

We will stay at Hotel-residentia La Almazara, a bit out of the center (3,5 km). Anyone can comment (will it be an assel to be out of center since we dont have a car, anyone actually stayed there before)?

We've been told it's about a 20 min walk... but it sounds like such a beautifil place!

Merci beaucoup !

#17791 - 07/29/00 04:46 PM Re: Toledo
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
About Toledo: it;s a small place, and I sure wouldn't want to be 3 kilometers OUTSIDE the whole city. I agree that Toledo in the late afternoon/evening is when it is at its best. Mornings are MOBBED with tourists doing the ALL TOLEDO IN 2 hours route (my students have been on it, and i DESPISE seeing Toledo that way). You have to make an effort to see all the amazing places detailed in the previous posts, on your own, free from droning guides and shutter-clicking tourists. Remember that Toledo in summer is ghastly hot. So, if your hostel has a pool, and is in a shady nice place, go for it. Otherwise, stay within cool city walls, sleep all PM and view all evening and before 11 in the morn! rgf

#17792 - 08/03/00 05:49 PM Re: Toledo
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I agree that the 'Toledo in two hours' tours are a poor way to see this town. The cathedral alone deserves a two hour visit.

#17793 - 08/04/00 09:57 AM Re: Toledo
The Canadian Wanderer Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I will be in Spain in October (lke so many others, based on the messages I have read) and after several days in Madrid I will be driving to Costa del Sol. En route, I hope to stop in Toledo for several hours (that's all the time I can afford I'm afraid). I was wondering if anyone is aware of an 'official', 'secure' parking lot, as I will have my luggage in the car. I am a little afraid to leave my luggage unattended in a rental car. If anyone can provide me with some info or who else I might be able to ask, I would greatly appreciate it.

PS Madridman - I'll be watching to see when the party is in Madrid.

#17794 - 08/04/00 10:44 AM Re: Toledo
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
There are only two ways to go on parking in Spanish cities/large towns. One, find a parking garage, indicated by "P" on the town maps (sometimes it is an area). Lock all valuables in trunk. Second, the sneaky way, follow the signs to the PARADOR, where there is one, and park there. They always have lots and those are pretty safe, and free! Exceptions: not muching parking in Caceres. In Toledo, the parador is outside town, but I still think parking there, maybe having a snakc in the cafeteria/bar and taking a cab into the city is a good idea!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments