Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17739 - 06/12/00 11:42 AM Re: Best places to see in the south
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
P.S. Entrance costs 1000 ptas, plus 125 ptas commission if you buy at the BBV.

#17740 - 06/12/00 05:58 PM Re: Best places to see in the south
PatM Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thanks, everyone, for all the info!

We're going in October rather than summer, Madridman, so I hope people will still be outdoors. Good to hear about the high ceilings and open doors to circulate air -- we may give it a go. Nothing ventured...

And if you think of other items of interest, do let me know. We do like variety.

#17741 - 06/15/00 10:22 AM Re: Best places to see in the south
honeymooner Offline

Loc: Toronto,Ontario,Canada
Pat if your back before October 23 let me know your likes & dislikes. I'll be going October 23-November 1 : Madrid-Cordoba-Sevilla-Rhonda-Granada-Jaen-Toledo. (I left another four days for Rest & Relaxation).
Or if any one else has suggestions for the none traditional spots let me know.
Hoping for an eventful honeymoon. (May be my last days of fun.)

#17742 - 06/15/00 11:23 AM Re: Best places to see in the south
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
honeymooner, WOW! 7 cities in about 8 days! Now that's a whirlwind tour! And when will you be taking your 4 days of rest-and-relaxation??? I wouldn't expect you would have ANY time for R&R, much less any remaining energy for anything else after so much travelling. Hehheeehehee..

I really enjoyed Córdoba when I visited in 1998 during Semana Santa (Holy Week) on our way to Sevilla. La Judería (old, jewish quarter) is VERY nice, kind of a smaller version of Sevilla's barrio Santa Cruz.

Info on Córdoba: http://www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm

I'm sure if you're in Córdoba that you'll want to visit La Mezquita (the mosque). This place is absolutely INCREDIBLE!! There are hundreds of arches similar to those in La Alhambra of Granada.

Not far from La Mezquita there's a street called "Calle de Las Flores". It's a very narrow, pedestrian-only street, whitewashed walls, and many MANY flower bloxes lining the street. At the end is a small patio/plaza. From the patio you'll look back down the street and, THIS IS A GREAT PHOTO-OP(ortunity), see the tower of the cathedral near the end. This scene can be seen on the MadridMan's Córdoba/Sevilla Video (details @ http://www.MadridMan.com/videos.html ).

MadridMan also HIGHLY recommends the website: http://www.Andalucia.com - THE premier website for ALL that is Andalucia. In 1999 I visited the offices/techcenter and the creators of Andalucia.com in/near Marbella in the province of Málaga & had a drink with them at a nearby bar. They were all VERY nice people. I hope to visit again. IN FACT, 2 months ago they offered me a web-designer job (yes, FOR REAL), but I couldn't accept it because the pay was just a bit too....low. Hindsight says I probably should have taken it, but I'm working on finding a job IN MADRID!! We'll see.... (cross your fingers)

Saludos, MadridMan
-------------------
For books & video about Andalucia, visit MadridMan's ALL Spain Market @ http://www.MadridMan.com/allspainmarket.html

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 06-15-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17743 - 06/15/00 03:47 PM Re: Best places to see in the south
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
viva espana
andalucia
y el vino de moguer

[This message has been edited by Sofia (edited 07-11-2000).]

#17744 - 06/16/00 01:06 PM Re: Best places to see in the south
honeymooner Offline

Loc: Toronto,Ontario,Canada
MadridMan; thanks for the suggestions. I'll be looking in now and again for more ideas. Very helpful site!

PS -the four days are at the end in Northern Ireland. Probably just relaxing with the wifes relatives and having some pints. Cheers!

#17745 - 06/16/00 02:24 PM Re: Best places to see in the south
Twentysomething Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN, USA
Hey, all this talk about how difficult it is to get admission to La Alhambra has me concerned. I arrive in Madrid in late August and will be in Granada about a week later. Is one week in advance plenty of time to get a ticket at a BBV in Madrid?

------------------

#17746 - 06/17/00 06:06 AM Re: Best places to see in the south
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
Yes, plenty of time. Just don't leave it until you get to Granada, although I have known people who have turned up at the Palace "on spec" and got in with no trouble. Just lucky I guess. If you are really concerned, I'd be happy to get your tickets here in Nerja and forward them to your Granada hotel. Let me know.

davej@wanadoo.es

#17747 - 06/19/00 09:07 PM Re: Best places to see in the south
PatM Offline

Loc: Maryland
honeynooner -- drop me an e-mail around Oct. 18 or just before so I'll find it when I return from Spain. Be glad to tell you what we found/liked.

Marriage can be wonderful, with the right person. And a lot of what comes back to you depends on how you treat her day in and day out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments