Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17093 - 03/10/07 03:23 AM Bus from Segovia to Avila
gordonr66 Offline

Loc: India
Hi, during our upcoming trip to Spain, we will be in Segovia on Friday, April 20th. On the following day, ie, Saturday, April 21, we want to take a bus from Segovia to Avila, spend a few hours there, and then take a bus from Avila to Salamanca.
I have managed to find buses running from Avila to Salamanca on that day on the Auto Res site, but cannot find any service from Segovia to Avila. Can anyone help me with this please ? Or any other recommendations ? Can
I take a cab from Segovia to Avila, how much will that cost? Or should I omit Avila altogether, in which case is there a bus on that day from Segovia to Salamanca ?

Would really appreciate any help on this.Thanks

#17094 - 03/10/07 04:18 PM Re: Bus from Segovia to Avila
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
La Sepulvedana autocares, its about an hour the direct trip ;as they are some who make stops so a bit slower. the bus station is at Paseo de Ezequiel gonzalez ,20 tel +34 921 427 706.

great area my favorite when passing my annual trip to Madrid.

#17095 - 03/10/07 11:13 PM Re: Bus from Segovia to Avila
gordonr66 Offline

Hi there pedmar,thanks a ton for that. Just one quick query though, when I look at the La Sepulvedana website for that date it shows me no services between the two towns. Any idea whats up, is it a glitch or that they have not uploaded April data or something, coz it would be strange that services just suddenly are no longer offered. I'm just looking to be reassured that there will be bus services on that Saturday in April between the two towns.
Thanks heaps once again.

#17096 - 03/11/07 04:29 PM Re: Bus from Segovia to Avila
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
gordonr66,
i have not been in april;my time there has been on the European vacation periods of june-sept.
do not know why not showing up but you can call them to confirm from your home or upon arrival in Madrid.

#17097 - 03/12/07 02:54 AM Re: Bus from Segovia to Avila
gordonr66 Offline

Thanks pedmar, will do and will report back.

Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments