Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16795 - 07/25/06 05:58 PM Madrid: Hostels/Youth hostels near UAM??
tee_oh_tina Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
hey, i'm going to be studying at la Universidad Autonoma de Madrid for the year, and i need to find a place to live. i plan to temporarily stay in a hostel when i first get there, and i'm looking for the cheapest one as close to the school as possible. I'm not sure what neighbourhood the school is in still. I heard it's outside the city and i onlly have maps of inside the city. Where would be a cheap place near the school while still being in Madrid?

Thank you for your help.

#16796 - 07/26/06 07:06 AM Re: Madrid: Hostels/Youth hostels near UAM??
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Oh, Tina, I envy you!!! You are soo lucky!!! Unfortunately I am done my studies and I am about to start a family, but I wish I had applied to go the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid...I spent time in Madrid teaching English to a Spanish family back in 2003 and I fell in love with the people and the culture...I've since returned and everytime I have to leave it breaks my heart....Well I have a suggestion for you for a hostel, but it's downtown...close to Puerta del Sol.....I am not sure exactly where the University is either....but check out Calle Echergaray, off San Jeronimo (which is a main street off Puerta del Sol going towards Atocha)...they have tons of youth hostels on the strip....I would suggest emailing the University for ideas of places to stay if you really want to be close to the uni.....

from a fellow Canadian!

#16797 - 07/26/06 11:26 PM Re: Madrid: Hostels/Youth hostels near UAM??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I seriously doubt there are (m)any hostels/pensiones near UAM since it's far from the tourist area. Sorry! You might have to metro/bus there for classes. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments