Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#16705 - 06/20/06 08:58 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
The two route planners I use are:

- El callejero de Paginas Amarillas
- Via Michelin

Both have English versions and have city maps and can set a point-to-point route in the same city or even different origin and destination cities.

And about splitting the group, I meant Mom and Kid#1 go to Pepecar, while Dad and Kid#2 wait at the airport, or viceversa. But, of course, you know better than me your family 'logistics'. The Pepecar location is a 10-minutes-drive away from the airport (considering the driver knows the way). The airport has a very easy exit to either direction of M40, so it wouldn't be a big detour.

#16706 - 06/20/06 11:52 PM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
Too funny. We always joke that I *am* my husband's GPS. For 2 years now we had this brilliant idea that he would leave me and the kids with the luggage at the airport then he would drop the car at the Pepecar ofc. Both times he got lost. And that was a 3 min drive! Anyway, thanks for your help. I think I'll get driving directions from Arturo Soria back to M40, then I'm good to go. He drives, I watch the road signs. :-) We'll take the metro there, it'll be a cool experience for the kids (ages 10 and 15) they've never been on the metro.

#16707 - 06/28/06 11:47 PM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
Just a follow up to this whole mess.... we've decided that since we now have to take the metro into the city, we'll just go a little further on it. We're going to take it all the way to Conde de Casal and take Auto-Res. We canceled the Pepecar reservation. We haven't been public transporation people in about 13 years, so we'll see how this goes!

#16708 - 07/26/06 11:22 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)

#16709 - 08/31/06 10:36 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Just a brief update on line 8, it is being re-opened on 1st September according to signs on the metro today.

#16710 - 08/31/06 10:46 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hurray!!! :jump: Now when the line 3 SOL-MONCLOA line reopens I'll be a REALLY happy person. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16711 - 09/15/06 04:01 PM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Line #3 will open again next friday, September 22nd.

#16712 - 09/29/06 08:22 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just saw on TeleMadrid that tomorrow/Saturday the line 3 (SOL) will open as well as the new access point UNDER El Corte Inglés on Calle Preciados. From the video I just saw it looks super cool, super big, and totally brand new. Should be nice and I can't wait to try it out. FINALLY!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16713 - 10/07/06 05:48 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I haven't been downtown for a while so when I stop by the other day it was a bit of a shock to see that Metro Sol is finished and open!!!!!! Not only that most of the street has been opened back up again :)I expect next time I go downtown 90% of the street work should be finished. Charmtin is almost finished as well. I noticed signs that line 7 is also finished.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments