Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1670 - 04/04/01 11:41 AM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
I was in Madrid in March and I too made a reservation at Hostal Martin. I ended staying at Hostal Bermejo (Madrid), which is in the same building and run by the same folks. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly smile . They even let us store our luggage when we took an overnight trip to Toldeo. I highly reccomend them. Make sure you bring your confirmation letter! wink

#1671 - 04/05/01 01:47 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[Originally posted by FriendlyDoc on 4/5/01 @ 1:29pm..]

Well, we're back from 2 weeks in Madrid and 1 week in Benamadina. Thought I'd give my impression of Hostal Martin. We had a great stay.

We stayed in the family room (one full-size, 3 twins). The room was not spacious, but what can you expect with four beds in the room. The great part about Hostal Martin was the people. They were great! Jesus speaks English (and we needed that kind of communication sometimes to understand directions), and he always gave us his time when we needed it. He recommended restaurants, explained the tren arrangements, and even found us a wonderful apartment on the beach for our last week.

If you want a clean, honest hostal in downtown Madrid... Hostal Martin is a good choice. They're good people there and the location is central to everything!

If you want suggestions on restaurants and other advice, based on our trip, search all the topics for my postings.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#1672 - 04/09/01 01:41 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
dara Offline

I stayed at Hostal Martin last August. I thought that the rooms were very nice, for the price, but there were a few things that I did notlike about the hostal. I found some of the people that ran the establishment to be difficult to work with. They wanted to charge me more than I owed them. I also didn't like, if I am remembering correctly, that the hostal's door locked behind you when you left the hostal and behind you when you entered the hostal. Over all, I found the rooms to be very clean and really nicely kept, but i found it a little unpleseant to deal with the owners.

#1673 - 04/12/01 11:47 AM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
kbc123 Offline

Loc: Barcelona, Spain
Can anyone tell me about how much the Hostal Martin runs for a single per night? Thanks. confused

#1674 - 04/12/01 05:41 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
kbc 123

Try looking at their site;
web page

Unfortunately, I'm not clever and can't get it to look nice and neat and just say Hostal Martin frown

Jo-Anne

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#1675 - 04/20/01 01:02 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
vfamily Offline

Loc: USA
This is a great resource! We're going to be in Spain for a month this summer, mostly on the coast near Valencia (beach apartment) but want to spend the last 5 or 6 days in Madrid. We have 4 kids ranging from 3-15. Hostal Martin says they have room for us, Can anyone tell me if they have "full size" bathrooms with American type showers? How would people rate the accommodations, say compared to roadside motels in the US?
Thanks.

#1676 - 04/20/01 02:04 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi vfamily!! While I did not tour Hostal Martin during last October's trip, I did through 9-10 others and they all had stardard size, NON-AMERICAN-size bathrooms. That is to say, they were all nearly the same: SMALL. I suppose they might be a little larger than the size of a basement bathroom or ground-level halfbath which would not have a shower (in the USA), but in Spain they fit a small bath/shower into the same space.

Space is difficult to find in these old buildings and so the bathrooms typically have a half-bath, coiled, hand-held or hang-able showerhead hose, a small sink and little more than a few inches in front of your knees to the wall if you happen to be "sitting down" wink .

The bathrooms in Spain's hostels, as I said, on the high average, are only built for one person of "normal size".

jdowney, are you back yet?? How was your Hostal Martin experience? Amy25, any comments about the bathroom size?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#1677 - 04/20/01 02:55 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I stayed at Hostal Martin last November. The bathroom (and bedroom) was BIGGER than the other hostales I stayed in Spain. It was also very clean as I remember! However, as I posted a few months ago on another thread, they did not let me check in until almost 8PM at night when I arrived in the AFTERNOON! When we desperately wanted to check in (had reservations) and sleep! It is a good hostal, though - if they let you into your room!

#1678 - 04/21/01 06:43 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Jaime Offline

I also stayed at Hostal Martin when I was in Madrid and I found it to be very clean and secure. It was also nice because it was so close to many things.

#1679 - 04/24/01 01:29 AM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Grace Offline

I'm planning to visit Madrid this coming July. Have anyone stayed in Hotel San Cruz near Plaza Mayor & Train Sol Station before. How does it compare to hostel T.i.j.c.a.l???

Help!Help!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments