Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1660 - 03/06/01 06:36 PM Hostal Martin (Madrid)
jdowney Offline

Loc: Newport Beach, Ca. 92663
I just made my reservations at Hostal Martin for April over the internet and it was really easy. They were one of the few hostals that have single rooms available during that time of month. I also called to verify and spoke with someone who understood basic english to my basic spainsh.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-21-2001).]

#1661 - 03/06/01 07:32 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jdowney!! Glad to hear of your positive experience. But tell us, where in Spain is this Hostal Martin? I didn't see the city locator in your posting or subject line anywhere. This will help to direct others to this apparently fine establishment. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#1662 - 03/06/01 07:55 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I just found the Hostal Martin on the hotelsearch.com site. It is near Atocha. I am looking for a place for June 5, and have not had much success with my first choices. This hostal has a double available, though, and my son and I may wind up there too. I'll be looking forward to reading your review of the place!

#1663 - 03/06/01 08:22 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

la maestra, where in Spain is "Atocha"???

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#1664 - 03/07/01 01:23 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Alejandro Hsu Offline

Loc: madrid
Madridman , atocha is in madrid (I think) , in the metro map there is two atocha , one is atocha renfe and the other is atocha .

#1665 - 03/07/01 01:39 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Alejandro Hsu, I know that Atocha is in Madrid. I was just trying to prompt the original posters to include the city in their postings to make it clearer for those reading who are not as familiar with Madrid and/or Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-07-2001).]

#1666 - 03/07/01 07:51 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Mil gracias, MM! I thought I was being so helpful! After reading some of your other comments I realized that you wanted me to say that Hostal Martin was in MADRID!!!!! I'll try to remember to mention MADRID when I post messages about hostales in MADRID!

#1667 - 03/21/01 01:08 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
I too made a reservation with hostal Martin when I was Madrid. It was very easy to reserve over the internet. And you are right it is near Atocha. Actually it is right near the Anton Martin Metro Stop so it was pretty convienient. Make sure you BRING your confirmation with you though!!! It didn't pose to be a big problem, but I can see where it might.
The funny part about Hostal Martin, was when we got there we were placed in another hostal. Granted it was in the same building, but I thought it was kind of strange. I think all of the hostals in the building are connected so if you book with one place, you might actually being staying in other place. Keep in mind, the people in hostal Cervelo (2nd floor) speak English and can help you out with any questions you may have. Nice place. Nice people and not too pricey. I'd recommend it in a minute.

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-21-2001).]

#1668 - 04/01/01 07:05 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
LANENI Offline

Loc: TRUJILLO ALTO, PR
We stayed in Hostal Martin two years ago and found it quiet, clean and friendly. We're planning another trip for May and will be contacting them for reservations. We were also confused about the other hostal in the building, Cervelo but it seems they work cooperatively or maybe are owned by the same family members. When we were there, they were undergoing construction on the facade but the rooms were never dusty. It's air-conditioned which is a boost.
Laneni

#1669 - 04/01/01 10:13 PM Re: Hostal Martin (Madrid)
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
I also have just made a reservation at Hostal Martin for my daughter and I for a week in May. It was easily done by email and fax. My confirmation letter says that I should contact them at Recepcion: Hostal Cervelo, so I take it that hostals Martin and Cervelo are...well, different, but operated by the same folks. As long as we have a nice room I don't care which hostal it is actually in (at least, I don't think I care). I can't wait to be in Madrid again!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
muriatica, suewey
Who's Online
0 registered (), 218 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments