Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16346 - 01/04/06 09:56 PM Summer Airfares to MADRID
fuegofuego Offline

I have started looking for airfare to Madrid from Newark, NJ or Philadelphia, PA for this summer...wow!!! the prices are high. Any tips or suggestions of where to look for some better pricing. There are 2 adults and 1 child traveling. Thanks.

#16347 - 01/04/06 10:34 PM Re: Summer Airfares to MADRID
misspom Offline

Loc: new york
Airfares in the summer are quite insane - but try checking the airlines websites, every now and again they offer better prices than the discount sites (like expedia, travelocity etc). We flew to Madrid with Delta and they were the cheapest non-stop flight around, cheaper than Iberia.

#16348 - 01/05/06 08:21 AM Re: Summer Airfares to MADRID
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Like misspom said prices are high during the summer months, it is a popular travel time in the US.

Besides the airlines websites, check some travel related websites like www.Travelzoo.com for some special offers.

Good luck.

Bill

#16349 - 01/07/06 06:01 AM Re: Summer Airfares to MADRID
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
fuegofuego writes:
Quote:
I have started looking for airfare to Madrid from Newark, NJ or Philadelphia, PA for this summer...wow!!! the prices are high. Any tips or suggestions of where to look for some better pricing. There are 2 adults and 1 child traveling. Thanks.
Unless you take a 'Group fare,' you probably can't do much better than the Airlines web sites. Some offer 'Internet-only E-Ticket' fares that can save you substantially. Check often with Continental Airlines (EWR-MAD) and US Airways (PHL-MAD) for 'promotional' fares. I have read that Continental will be setting up service to Barcelona - maybe they will have some kind of introductory fare ... rolleyes

Midweek (Tue - Thu) fares are usually better, so don't miss out on that, even though it may cause you to sacrifice some flexibility. Check with a few Travel Agencies. Some arrange Group travel and you could conceivably travel TransAtlantic with the Group at Group rates 'air only.' rolleyes

#16350 - 01/07/06 08:43 AM Re: Summer Airfares to MADRID
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I also heard that US Airways is introducing a new flight PHL-BCN so like Continental, might have some sort of introductory offer.

You might also try flying into a smaller airport in Spain that would have lower fares... such as Valladolid which is now a hot spot for a number of discount British airlines. You will be compromising flexibility a bit as you won't be able to get a direct flight and you will have to arrange transportation from Valladolid to Madrid (about 4 hours drive time), but it might save you significantly on the flight.

#16351 - 01/08/06 09:07 PM Re: Summer Airfares to MADRID
hawaiianbelle Offline

Loc: New York
When months are you planning to travel??
I also live in the Newark area and the fares
are pricing at 980.00. Why not try PRICELINE??
That could be an option!!! Good luck!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments