MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16109 - 09/20/05 04:25 PM London to Barcelona
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Hi all.

I'm thinking of trying to make it Barcelona this winter by way of London. Really, the only reason London is part of the plan is because I've got two free tickets into the U.K. So once in England we'd like to find the best air fares from England to Barcelona. Where / what web sites should I look at. Thanks

#16110 - 09/21/05 02:44 AM Re: London to Barcelona
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
If you already know the dates, the you'd better go right now and reserve the tickets. Note that low cost airlines usually don't allow any changes.

For a start, check out RyanAir and easyJet . There are many more airlines flying from London to Barcelona.

For a comprehensive list of low cost airlines go to LowCostAirlines.org

Regular companies have sometimes good offers ( Iberia , British Airways ...)

#16111 - 09/21/05 06:57 AM Re: London to Barcelona
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
To repeat what Antonio said, if you book a cheap flight with ryan air or easyjet book ahead to get a cheap ticket. If you wait until a few days before hand the ticket can be surprisingly expensive (you're competing with businessmen at this point). If stuck, there is a bus company - eurolines - that connects Barcelona and London, but the journey will probably be at least 24 hours. May be worth considering if your luggage is heavier than the 15kg currently allowed on budget flight operators...

#16112 - 09/21/05 02:11 PM Re: London to Barcelona
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Antonio's websites are the ones to check. I fly that route fairly often and always end up flying one of the major airlines because their fares are usually reasonable and in London I stay in a house close to Heathrow Airport. If I were to have to travel to another "London" airport (Gatwick, Luton, Stanstead) it would take much longer and the extra transportation cost adds up - sometimes to even more than the regular airline's fare. Something to consider... (I also like collecting frequent flier miles wink )

#16113 - 09/22/05 07:13 AM Re: London to Barcelona
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Here's a nice website you can use. It is called Skyscanner and will give you an idea of what is available.

If you can travel midweek you will find there are some bargains to be had. I've recently booked a return flight from Jerez to London for 50 Euros total, including taxes, credit card fees etc.

#16114 - 09/22/05 08:01 AM Re: London to Barcelona
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Anchovy - I've not seen that site before. You need good eyesight and a steady hand to get what you want but it's brilliant!

Ooooooh ... look! £1 from Leeds/Bradford to Malaga (£13 including taxes).

See you tomorrow!

Jo

#16115 - 09/23/05 07:15 PM Re: London to Barcelona
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks all! This is what I've been looking for. If all goes well, I'll be able to land @ LHR via Virgin and hop on a B.A. flight to BCN 3-4 hrs later. Awsome.

Thanks again

Rudy

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments