Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16023 - 08/24/05 04:57 PM Tarjeta Turistica
melz Offline

Hi, I am planning on going to Spain and need to know where I can get the tourist card, what it all entails, and the cost. Please help! Thanks.

#16024 - 08/25/05 05:37 AM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
spanishl Offline

Loc: Madrid
There's actually a new turists "abono". I couldn't find the page in english. If you'd like me to translate some details about it let me know.

http://www.ctm-madrid.es/novedades/novedades_detalle_abono.jsp

UPDATE: oh, sorry. After reading your post again I noticed you are not talking the "abono"

#16025 - 08/25/05 08:55 AM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
Vic'sMail Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA US
Do you mean the Madrid Card, with discounts and passes for tourist sites, museums, restaurants, transportation and tours? If so go to www.madridcard.com. It also has links for other cities, Seville, Barcelona, Burgos, etc.

I've decided to pick one up when I get there because it costs 17 euros to mail to the US, about half the cost of the card itself! It does, however come with a book and map which should be very helpful so I plan to pick it up at Barajas when I fly in.

When will you be there? I'll be in Madrid Sept 19-22. Some tours (not DiscubreMadrid) require a minimum and I am travelling alone on that leg of my trip. Perhaps we could team up for a tour/Flamenco show.

#16026 - 08/25/05 05:40 PM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
melz Offline

Sorry, I probably did not give enough information...I want more information on the tourist card or Tarjeta Turistica - which is a train pass that gives you discounted train travel - Where do I get this and how much is it? Any other info I should know?

#16027 - 08/26/05 09:32 PM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by melz on 08-26-2005 04:03 PM]

Hi, I am looking for information on the tourist card or Tarjeta Turistica - which is a train pass that gives you discounted train travel - Where do I get this and how much is it? Any other info I should know? THANKS!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16028 - 08/26/05 09:43 PM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sounds like you're looking for something like a Eurail Pass , correct? You can find their information page on Spain HERE .

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16029 - 08/27/05 06:11 AM Re: Tarjeta Turistica
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I think you want a SpainPass (aka Tarjeta Turistica) or an IbericPass (for Spain & Portugal). Used to, you had to buy them before leaving but a Renfe Ticket Agent in Spain said I could buy one if I showed him my Passport with an Spain Passport Control Entry Stamp.

I didn't buy one because the only train travel I planned was between Madrid & Sevilla

That means Spain would have to be your entry point to the EU: They don't stamp Passports any more crossing from France or Portugal rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments