Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1580 - 02/28/01 01:17 PM Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Anchovy Front gave us the great info. on www.bancotel.es Well, they've JUST put their 2001-2 availibility on line and I've already reserved 5 nights!!! at amazing prices. When you go to the availibility screen, click on the number 1 at the left and it will take you to the 2001-2 calendar. I want to buy the bancotel coupons at a travel agency in spain, as they recommend... where??? I really don't want to do it by mail. Advice? Thanks! and enjoy this great deal!!

#1581 - 02/28/01 06:22 PM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Bancotel is very extended, you should be able to buy a checkbook in most travel agencies you find on Madrid streets excepting, Viajes el corte ingles agencies, because they have a similar system of their own, bonotel.

#1582 - 02/28/01 07:45 PM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Nativo, do you think I can buy them in La Corun~a at most travel agencies? If you know of any with a website, i'd appreciate the info... thanks!

#1583 - 03/01/01 10:01 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I think you should be able to buy them in most agencies in La Coruña. In any case, an easy way to reach travel agencies in Spain, is getting to the www.yahoo.es viajes area, there is a relatively wide directory of travel agencies site.

Viajes Halcon has also a similar program, it is called weekend plan and it is supossed to have less limitations than the other plans, I never used it though.

#1584 - 03/02/01 04:54 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Glad you're taking advantage, rgf. I actually bought a voucher for the book of cheques (you exchange the voucher for the cheques at the first hotel you stay at) at Viajes Halcon in Salamanca, in spite of that travel agent having their own scheme, as Nativo says.

In fact, I've bought quite a few Bancotel vouchers in the past and think I've only been back to the same travel agent twice. Every one I've tried always sells them, so you won't have any trouble.

[This message has been edited by Anchovy Front (edited 03-02-2001).]

#1585 - 03/02/01 08:52 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

That's good to hear, Anchovy Front. There is a HALCON viajes in La Corunya. The rates with this bonos are over half price off the already discounted weekend fares. I'm so happy! Have you used the bonos outside of Spain? They have them, for example, for New York hotels. That would be weird to show up at the Sheraton with my bancotel coupons from Spain and my Buffalo accent....

#1586 - 03/02/01 10:07 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

It's so nice to make someone happy! I've used them in Portugal and Spain only. If you are using them outside of Portugal, Spain and Andorra, you must already have the book of cheques ie you have to exchange your voucher first at a hotel in these countries.

How does a Buffalo talk, by the way?

#1587 - 03/02/01 10:35 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

AF-- and how do I know the hotel will actually have the coupon book? Why doesn't the agency just sell the book instead of a voucher? Weird. A Buffalo talks through its snout.

#1588 - 03/02/01 10:55 AM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

It's just the way they operate. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but each time I've exchanged the voucher, the hotel always has a new book, out of which they take the first one (or more depending on how many nights you're staying) and gives you the remainder back.

This next bit should be read in an English Cockney accent.....What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? Answer.....You can't wash yer 'ands in a buffalo.

Methinks we'll need a fellow Brit to explain that one......!

#1589 - 03/02/01 01:20 PM Re: Bancotel now has the new coupons! Where can I buy them??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Anchovy Front-- Sink the bison pun already! (oh, no, here comes MM to chastise me again for puns!).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments