Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15762 - 05/11/05 12:11 AM USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone know of any great deals for flying to Spain from San Francisco in August? The airfare I'm seeing are outrageous ... like usual in August.

RP

#15763 - 05/11/05 05:22 AM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm looking too (but not from San Francisco) and have found NO "good deals" as is typical for summertime, Europe-bound flights. Cheapest is a multi-stop flight for about $1,100 to Madrid from my city. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan frown

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15764 - 05/11/05 10:46 AM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
I ran a quick query on ITA for San Fran for the month of August for a 2 week trip and found the cheapest fare was $805 on Comet departing on August 25th, returning on Sept 9th. Everything else was $1000+.

For Columbus to Madrid, same search: Cheapest flight was $730 departing on August 26th, again through Air Comet. All the Major airlines were $1000-1300.

#15765 - 05/11/05 07:32 PM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Air Comet???? confused Never 'hoid of it. smile I guess they're not listed as one of the approved carriers on Orbitz or Expedia. hehehe.. I'll look into that one though. Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15766 - 05/11/05 08:14 PM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
doragil30 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I got a flight, JFK to Madrid in July, for $411 w/ Air Comet. Of course, that was booked in Jan. Now they're up to $700, which still isn't bad for summer travel. I never "hoid" of them either... hope I get there in 1 piece! For $400, I really couldn't pass it up!

#15767 - 05/11/05 10:00 PM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
i will be going to spain next month. I made my reservations in March. I am flying Brittish airways and then I will take Easy Jet. the cost was very low. I paid 678.00 total . I would recommend that you try to fly to the lowest price to europe and see if easy jet flies from there. Also RyanAir flies to spain. But ryan air flies outside of the major cities. it is a pain to try to find the right schedule but it is worth it when you consider the Euro. Good luck

#15768 - 05/12/05 01:13 AM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
I had never heard of them either, but saw this recent thread about them Air Comet

#15769 - 05/16/05 01:22 PM Re: USA->Spain: Summer Airfares?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
RP

Since you are flying from SF, I suggest you might try searching using two destinations. From SF to JFK Airport, Newark International Airport or even LaGuardia Airport. Then try find a flight from JFK or NWK airports to Madrid or Barcelona.

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments