Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15035 - 10/14/04 08:58 AM Madrid: New tourist transportation pass
28015edu Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi everyone.

Saw this today on the El Mundo website and thought this may be interesting.

The Autonomous Community of Madrid and the Transport Authority have agreed to launch a new type of transport pass aimed at tourists, starting from the 1st November 2004.

This pass will be available for the Zones A (metropolitan area of Madrid) or for Zone T (entire area served by the Transport Authority, all of the Autonomous community of Madrid and trains and busses to Guadalajara).

The pass is good for an unlimited number of rides during the chosen period of time: 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 days. It is personal and not transferrable and may be bought at the Metro stations Aeropuerto (Airport), Méndez Álvaro, Chamartín or Atocha-Renfe. Later on (they didn't specify when exactly), the pass will be sold at every metro station and at many tobacconist's. You must show some sort of identity document upon purchase (passport, driving license, DNI, Personalausweis, etc). Prices vary from € 3,50 to € 36,70, depending upon length of validity and area covered.

I don't think you must necessarily be a tourist to buy one of these, but I can understand that the average visitor may not want to buy a pass for the entire month.

I hope I have accurately reproduced the article. Please correct me, if I'm wrong. I am not copying a link of the article, as they expire once the article is 'archived'.

To anyone visiting Madrid, I hope you very much enjoy your stay.

Saludos,

Edu

#15036 - 10/14/04 10:08 AM Re: Madrid: New tourist transportation pass
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Everything you say is accurate, except that the "T" ticket will be valid to go to Toledo, too. Places with touristic interest reachable with the "T" ticket are Chinchon, Aranjuez, Alcala de Henares, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, and Toledo.

The full list of fares is:
Days(Zone "A"/Zone "T")
1 (3.50/7.00 EUR)
2 (6.30/12.60 EUR)
3 (8.40/16.80 EUR)
5 (13.20/26.20 EUR)
7 (18.40/36.70 EUR)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments