Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15010 - 10/02/04 05:54 PM madrid airport to the Prado
ncroteau Offline

Loc: virginia
My hotel is very near the Prado and I get in about 9 am on a Friday with very little luggage. What's the best way to get to the hotel? Please give approximatel prices. Thankx. laugh

#15011 - 10/03/04 12:28 AM Re: madrid airport to the Prado
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Metro: 1.15 Euros (slowest)
AeroCITY: 18 Euros (mid-range)
Taxi: 25-30 Euros (fastest)

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15012 - 10/04/04 06:31 AM Re: madrid airport to the Prado
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
MM, my friend, given that any road connection from the airport would have to cross the rush hour traffic in almost the worst way possible,( A-2, going down the center through the businees district....it gives me the shivers)I doubt that taking that route on monday morning is faster than the subway....

I would advice the subway, unless actual time from leaving the airport is nearer 10:45 than 9:00pm. Maybe a some cofee at the airport.

A suggestion could be walking towards the plaza where the subway entrance is and do the following.
- go down to get a subway map
- go up again to the little cafeteria on the plaza and calmly study the way to the hotel for a time while both the roads and the subway clear out from rush hour.

#15013 - 10/04/04 12:22 PM Re: madrid airport to the Prado
Meg Offline

Loc: Madrid via Pennsylvania
The metro should take about 30 minutes. Twice a week a I go from Campo de las Naciones (one stop away from the airport stop) to Banco de España (the stop closest to the Prado). I usually get on the Metro a little after 9:30 and arrive around 10:00. The best way to do this is take line 8 from the airport until the Colombia station (3 stops), at Colombia take line 9 to Principe de Vergara (5 stops) and finally line 2 to Banco de España (2 stops). It's not too crowded at this time, and I can usually find a seat.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments