Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14887 - 08/02/04 08:10 AM from barcelona to salamanca
slacker Offline

can somebody tell me what cheapest way is to go salamanca from barcelona? and how?

#14888 - 08/05/04 06:40 AM Re: from barcelona to salamanca
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The cheapest way would certainly be by bus. I just checked out the "all in one" bus-routes-rates website http://www.Movelia.es and it says there are THREE DIRECT buses from Barcelona to Salamanca. Wow! I'm surprised! I really thought any bus would HAVE to stop in Madrid but I guess not. It says "Directo" under the "Obersaciones" column.

Anyway, it seems there are two daily buses (at least weekdays - I guessed at your intended dates of travel and chose mid-week) and the price is 40.17 Euros and the bus company is RENFE IÑIGO S.A.. I've never heard of it.

And get THIS: The trip takes 10 to 11 HOURS!! OUCH!!! eek There's one morning bus and one overnight bus.

You might want to look into a train (RENFE @ http://www.RENFE.es ) from one to the other instead but a train may very very well stop first in Madrid. The cost probably wouldn't be much more and would definitely be more comfortable. That's not to say the buses are not comfortable because they are very very comfortable but for such a long trip at least you could get up and walk around on a train, the bathrooms would be larger, you might have a dining car, etcetera. For this, trip I think I'd take a train.

Does anyone know if one can FLY direct from BCN to Salamanca? Certainly it would be more expensive but might be a consideration.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments